Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mojo 150- Bras are Like Friends

Yeah, I know I said that I was done posting for the weekend, but there is one sketch challenge that I wanted to enter before it's too late. I'll keep the detail short because I have to go get on a plane first thing tomorrow:)
The sketch challenge is Mojo 150 and here is what I came up with:

The picture quality is seriously poor. I don't know how I expect to win anything with these kinds of shots. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am always taking pictures in the middle of the night?? I have done some investigating and I think that I need a light box. I'll try and find one next week when I get back. The pics aren't doing my cards justice (at least thats what my friend Sarah says and she seems to know everything;) LOL!
The only thing that I did a little different is bunching up the ribbon, rather than a traditonal bow or knot. This technique is actually super-easy and looks great! I'll tell you more someday, but right now I am tired...
I coloured the bra with copics and used a Spica clear glitter pen and Spica pitchblack glitter pen to sparkle it up a wee bit. I cut out the stamped image and tried to make it look like it is hanging off the ribbon.
Here is a closer look:
I threw some rhinestone flourish sticker on it for a bling-effect as well. Where better for bling than on a lingerie card? The bra is popped up on silicone, er I mean dimensionals:) There is a black rhinestone in the center. A few dies cut lacey looking scallops add to the overall 'sexy-sweet' effect...wouldn't a girl love to get this card?

The inside uses the same die as well as a heart trim border punch and a black satin bow (think: stocking garter) and some more black rhinestones.

And I LOVE the sentiment! It cracks me right up! I would have rather separated the two verses of the quote and put the first bit on the card front, but it wasn't working, so I mounted the whole thing together and stamped:) This whole set is seriously cute and Skipping Stones Designs has many more humerous sets. And they have cheap shipping to boot(some companies that ship to Canada are really steep, but these guys were good! And fast too:)!

Supplies
Stamps: Skipping Stones Designs
Ink: Memento
CS, DP: Stampin Up
Ribbon: SU
Black rhinestones: Micheals
Rhinestone Flourish: unknown (package thrown away...whoops)
Dies: MFT
Punch: SU
Other: Copics, Spica pens, Bigshot

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Great job...ha ha...silicone...you crack me up!