We've got a really great sketch to throw at you this week at SugarPea Designs! I've used Tin Can Chat on my card today- this was one of our first sets released and it's still one of my favourites! LOVE these sweet little girls, with their crazy hair, tooth gaps and big ears…they look so innocent!
I used stitched circle dies from MFT, enamel dots by YNS in pink, jade green and dark purple (those aren't the real names, but the pic doesn't depict the colours real great) and inked the edges of all the panels with distress ink. A fun element of this card is the 'phone cord' that joins the two girls cans. I used black twine, coating it in fabric stiffener around a toothpick, and then dried with my heat gun. You can wait for this to dry naturally, but ain't nobody got time for that! I need a different kind of twine, as this is really 'fuzzy' and I'd rather it came out nice and smooth, but oh well! It's still pretty cute!
I used a toothpick and copic white paint to add the highlights to their cheeks. The clothes were paper-pieced. I stamped the sentiment in versa fine ink.
The rules are very simple…
Create a new card or project using the SugarSketch provided.
- SugarPea Design stamps are NOT required to play along or to win but would be appreciated
- You may rotate/flip the sketch & replace shapes – so long as the original sketch layout is recognizable
- Upload to your blog or other Online Gallery using Keyword: SPDSS12 so that we may check out your beautiful work
- Add your name and link to your project in the InLinkz shown on the blog HERE.
- One randomly selected winner will receive a $10 Gift Certificate to the SugarPea Designs Online Shoppe. However, if the winning entry features a SugarPea Designs stamp we will increase the prize to $15