Saturday, November 26, 2011

{Kraftin' Kimmie} Grateful

Happy Weekend!!! Hope that you are all having a wonderful, relaxing weekend and Happy Thanksgiving weekend to my Southern pals! Hope none of you were trampled to death in any Black Friday sales!!! I hear it can get pretty nuts!
I am here with you today for my last post as a Krafty Guest for KKS:) BooHoo! But it has been a blast and I look forward to seeing what December's Guests (Hi Kerri!!) have in store for us:)
This weeks challenge is to make a card with a Thankful/Grateful theme. Since we Canadians already celebrated our Thanksgiving a month ago, I did some thinking on what kind of card I would make...I threw around a few ideas (friendship. my husband, my kids), but then it dawned on me that none of those things would be possible without Faith. I am not super churchy and I have never been really vocal in my beliefs...I'm kinda personal with certain things;) I tend to cuss like a long haul trucker, like to throw back a good rum n coke every so often and am a believer in science and medicine.....but I am also a Christian. I wasn't raised in a church going home, but my folks always taught me right from wrong, how to treat people- even ones you don't like, how to love your family and help a neighbour, what a loving marriage was, to respect the land that we lived off of and to be thankful for the things you had instead of worrying about the things you didn't.
I asked my 5 year old son (who is having some issues with being bullied at school) what it is that I have taught him is the most important thing to be in life.....
He made me pretty proud when he replied 'To treat people nice and be kind to others'. So I guess what I am trying to get across to my kids is being absorbed:)  I am grateful for my faith and that I am able to pass some of my values onto my sons!! I am grateful that God gave me three amazing, healthy boys that have taught me so much and filled my heart so full:) And that He gave me the most loving man to call my husband and proud to call my children's father....
So, here is my Grateful card, using O Holy Night Nativity set (on sale for 25% off!)....

I used a one of my fave SU paper packs from the current mini catalogue....it's an autumn print, but I felt like going with non-Christmas colours. The borders are MFT dies and the twill ribbon is SU as well. I coloured with Copics and paper-pieced a bit. My papers were distressed with chalk ink (creamy brown) and machine stitched with chocolate thread. The little chipboard stars are older than dirt (I think I've had them since I first started scrapbooking!!!!) The little buttons are threaded with TCP's linen thread.
Here is a close-up of Mary, Joseph and brand new baby Jesus!

And here is the inside, using the Nativity Sentiments (currently on sale for 30% off!!), more stitching and stars.


There is a HUGE sale going on right now until Monday with discounts 25-75% off!! Check it out!
KKS was featured in the magazine Canadian Scrapbooker and there is a fun giveaway going on at the Krafty Blog to celebrate!

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the paper you used!

Nana Diana said...

Jenny, your card is just beautiful, absolutely stunning!! Even the inside is a work of art. So glad that you are with us all at Kraftin' Kimmies'.

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Beautiful card - the earth tones with the bright blue is stunning! :D

Mandi said...

Love this post Jenny!

Michele Boyer said...

OMGosh! Your paper-piecing is AMAZING! I *always* love your work!