Thursday, August 9, 2012

{YNS/iSSC28} Oh Wise One

Today I have a fun card to show you using a brand new image from Your Next Stamp, Grad Owl. This months YNS Fun Friday theme is Celebrations (you may remember that last months was Christmas/Winter). You can see more inspiration from the YNS DT girls on the BLOG.

I used this weeks sketch from iSpy Sketches for my layout....
this week the iSSC team was inspired by Mary Brown (stampercamper @ SCS). You can see Mary's original card HERE. The other Secret Agents have come up with beautiful cards, you can check them out on the blog HERE.


I actually used the owl in place of the bow on the sketch- feel free to mix things up and make it your own! That's what makes sketches so fun....they give you a great kicking off point, but you can also put your own individual spin on it:)


I used some of my fave brown jute twine from the Ribbon Carousel for the button threaded bow and for his cap tassels.


Okay- thats it for me:) Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

wendy said...

wowzers ...love your coloring on the Owl...great and fun layout too!

Anonymous said...

Dang girl, this totally rocks! I love how you coloured the owl!
Hugs,
Peg

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable card-- fun coloring.

ps - LOVE the new header!! :)

Sheri said...

Oh how fun!! I love your coloring especially Jenny!! :)

Sandy said...

Oh I love that owl how adorable he is with his little grad hat on with twine and brad. Sandy :)

Christyne said...

This little guy is magnificently colored!! Soo cute!!

Notes by Nina said...

This is so cute, the little owl is adorable. I love the theme of your card.

Arielle H Gordon said...

So adorable - love your coloring too!