Sunday, December 9, 2012

{MFT} CAS Christmas Cards

Hey there! Hope everyone had a great weekend! We had a nice, but pretty busy one :) Friday night my boys and I played a pirate board game and I worked on a project for my stamping ladies- we meet Monday night! We are making a fun Christmas project (I'll share pics soon) and then I got to have a nice hot bath when hubs got home from work, to soothe my poor aching back! I hurt it last week, then hurt it more tying skates, then proceeded to slip on the ice when I was getting out of my truck on friday! Jeez! Saturday we went into town and had a nice lunch out and then saw Rise of the Guardians, which was FREAKING AMAZING in my opinion!! I LOVED every second of it and would see it again in a heartbeat! I can't wait for it to come out on DVD!! (I think I get excited about kids movies more than the kids! lol) Today we had my hubby's family Christmas with all the extended families that we don't get to see to often- we rented a little hall, so that no one had to worry about anything. It was catered and all. Nice! No work, no mess!
This morning I thought I should pump out a few cards for the family! I saw something like this on pinterest a few weeks ago, jotted down a simple sketch and here they are (I have no idea where the card  is, I didn't 'pin' it, just saw it on there somewhere).

I used MFT's Winter Wreath dienamic to make the wreath and bow (the wreath was cut twice from Old Olive CS, and bow once from Cherry Cobbler CS). I used Very Vanilla CS for the rest of the 'door' as well as the card base. I added a little door knob using a large brown brad. 


These have a bit of dimension with the gorgeous wreath, but are still flat enough to fit easily into an envie. I am going to make more of these for the rest of my cards I still have to give.  I made 8 in an hour, just to give you an idea- so that's under 10 minutes per card! (and that included my tinkering around with measurements and such)...and if I would have had another wreath die, it would have gone even faster ;) I think the next batch will go quicker.




On the inside, I simply stamped the sentiment in Old Olive ink (SU). It's from the set Seasonal Sentiments, which is such a great go-to set for all your Christmas verses!


Thanks for popping in!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

10 Minute Craft Dash #8 (use red on your card) 10 Minute Craft Dash (make a card in under 10 mins)
Inspired By.....#53 (wreaths)

4 comments:

Laurel said...

Jenny, these are awesome! They would fit my challenge:

http://theseinspiredchallenges.blogspot.ca/2012/12/inspired-by53.html

Paulina said...

Oh my, these are just beautiful! I love that wreath and the pretty bow, the little knob and the distressing.
Fabulous job!

Thank you for joining in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. Feel free to enter once more for the "red" feature!

Keti's Projects said...

Love this CAS card. Gorgeous.




Hugs, Keti

Michele Boyer said...

Simply gorgeous! :)