Sunday, May 5, 2013

{TSG206} Paper-piecing

         *** For my MFT Teaser  post, please scroll down ***
______________________________________________________

This week our challenge is brought to us by Wendy!! She has challenged us to make a card or project using paper piecing.

Paper-piecing is one of my favourite techniques to do on a card- it ties in the image with the patterned paper on your project. And the 6x6 paper pads have such small patterns that it's so much fun to 'accessorize' your image ;)



I'ved used the super sweet set Beach Bums on my card. I was lucky enough to win this set (and the whole months release!!) on one of TSG's monthly Facebook Release Chats! That was of course during my 6 months hiatus from the team! So there you go- anyone can win! You just have to come and leave a comment on the thread :)

This is the first time that I've inked up this set, and it won't be the last! I can't wait to use the lil girly and more of the fun sea critters and sentiments....

He is coloured with copics and I've added spica pens to his hair, inner tube, sand and starfish. I applied some glaze pen to his blue eyes and the starfishes body. A thick coat of crystal effects was added to his tube and the starfish eyes. I just cleaned out my studio a week ago and this little pile of Stampin' Up scraps was laying on my desk, so I grabbed some patterns from there! The CS is SU as well. I always use X-press It blending card when I colour with copics. I added some piercing to keep along with the dotted theme, and it's always a nice addition to boy cards, which I like to keep simple and short on the embellies ;) The flag and circle dies are by MFT.

And of course, the paper-piecing was done on his lil booty shorts ;) I used this weeks Deconstructed Sketch (#100!).



To be eligible for the giveaway, create a NEW card or project using paper piecing, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until 11pm on Sunday(May 12th). The winner has been announced on the following Monday (May 13th), and will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the lookout to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG206 so we can check out your beautiful work!

7 comments:

Torico said...

Sooooo CUTE! :D

Mary J said...

Oh my, your colouring is so amazing in this Jenny! Love that layout and how you did the sentiment too!

wendyp said...

how stinkin' CUTE!!! Your coloring is amazing! Loving the Crystal Effects on the inner tube and starfish!

Chitra Nair said...

This is so cuteee..

Unknown said...

OMG, Jenny! TOO cute and so funny! Of course you know I am digging on these bright colors, I love the way you crossed the banners, too. :)

Anonymous said...

His bum bum is sooooo cute, I can't stand it!!!! Just stop it with the cuteness!!! :) :) :) Adorable!

tracey said...

Very cute card and awesome colouring.
Thanks for joining us for the 100th Deconstructed Sketch.