Sunday, February 13, 2011

Betty's Buns

Hahaha- did the title of this blog get you thinkin? Any of you country music fans might know thats a George Canyon song that cracks me up...and this is a card featuring Kraftin Kimmie's 'Betty' and her buns of course;) lol!! This is the card that I entered for Kraftin Kimmie's weekly challenge last week. The theme was 'seeing red'....
I didn't follow a sketch and just kind of went with it:)
The dp is Crate Paper's 'Restoration'. I used SU cardstock for the base and mats, as well as strips cut using a MFT die.  I stamped my girl in memento onto TE choice snow white CS and coloured her with copics. She is cut out with a nestie and sponged with colorbox chalk ink in charcoal. I used some silver adhesive pearls on the nestie panel as well as on the corners. Black satin SU ribbon is tied around the cardfront and SU grey taffeta ribbon and a SU flower brad finish it off:) I also added some spica clear glitter pen to her eyeshadow, choker, flowers on her sleeves and her belt. I get lots of questions about which copics I use for hair...for the dark brown hair, I usually go with E57, E47 and E49 and then add some E00 or 01 on only the areas where I want major highlights (I find it looks more natural than using colourless blender 0 to get those super light areas..)
Here is a closeup of Betty and her buns.....Isn't she somethin'!! Man, I used to want Barbie's figure..now my jaw drops over a one dimensional rubber image;) haha!! I haven't finished the inside yet- I was running late and leaving for the weekend, and needed to get this uploaded to the Kraftin Kimmie blog before I left..I think I'll work on the inside tonight after the kidlets go to bed! Ah, bedtime- my favorite time of the day;) lol!

My Aunt that I was away visiting has some Kimmie stamps and I stamped a bunch of them to bring home with me to colour (thanks auntie!) and I have an idea brewing for a card to make for this weeks challenge (it's a recipe)...so you might see another KK post tomorrow if I happen to get carried away in the Stampin' room tonight!!
See you soon~
Jenny

1 comment:

Michele Boyer said...

So super-cute, Jenny! Your coloring is outstanding! Her hair is gorgeous!