Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Valentine for a Single Gal!

Hey everybody! Boy Oh Boy! I've been so busy that I haven't even darkened the door of my stamp room all week! I had so much to do that I didn't want to take the chance of even peeking in or the gravitational pull might have drug me in and then I never would have gotten out;) LOL!!
Last night I did get some stampin time in and I made this little belated Valentine for my bestie, who's been having a bad run in the dating game....She is so beautiful, smart and absolutely hilarious, has a good job, has good morals....so not sure what the problem is with the men in her neck of the woods, cuz they should be beating her door down! Valentine's is such a commercialized holiday...the price of flowers is doubled, crappy Halmark cookie cutter cards make millions (hehe) and single people feel like leppers....I don't worry to much about it because with our lifestyle of DH being gone lots, it's really just another day...But I do LOVE all the cute little stuff out there- especially the paper crafting supplies!!!! And seeing the kids get excited about it is so fun too, so I guess all in all, it's alright:) So here is kind of a non-traditional card that I made for my bff. I think she'll get a kick out of it cuz it sure is a 'Jungle out There'!
I used Viva la Verve's sketch (VLVFEB2011week 1) and I really love this sketch!!! I also am entering this card in the Kraftin Kimmie guest dt challenge for April. The challenge was a recipe (3 CS colours, 2 DP, 1 ribbon and 1 button). I used black, kiwi kiss and melon mambo from SU as my CS colours, the 2 DP's are from BoBunnys Valentines line, the ribbon is SU and the button is from MFT. I used a circle cuttlebug folder to emboss the CS squares and SU circle punches to cut out the sentiment. I stamped the image and coloured her with my copics (R81, 83, 85, RV00, YG03,21, N5,7, T1 for shading, and O for the texturing on the fur). I added some crystal effects to the nose and eyes and traced around the inside of the nestie die with my copic multiliner for some 'pop'. I threaded the button with black floss.

I kept the inside really simple, as I want to write an uplifting little message:) I used another circle nestie and traced with the multiliner to give it some continuity. I really like how this card turned out! Sometimes it's fun to colour an image differently than one would expect!! Pink monkey's aren't found in nature, but she's sure cute on a card:) Thanks for stopping by! I am working on a super sweet TCP card that I should have done and posted by tonight!!



2 comments:

Creative Tara said...

heehee- as a single gal, I absolutely love this card, it's kinda perfect! I love the pink monkey and the fabulous texture you added to him/her ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jen! Love the card but ummm, where is it? Lol! Thanks for being in my corner. You're soooooo talented - glad to hear that you won the Craftin Kimmie Designer of the Month Challenge. Movin up girl! Movin up!
Sue