Monday, July 18, 2011

{TCPTUES 168} Colour Challenge

What an creative title for this post, dontcha think?? It's all I could come up with..it was sooooo hot today and I was sweating making this card even! I mean, the fussy cutting was hard, but not that hard;) lol
Today Tori has a wonderful new colour combo to inspire you and get your creative juices flowing....And what could be juicier than a big ol chunk of watermelon? This palette got into my head I think, as I made watermelon salad for lunch, in between making this little ditty!
There are lots of watermelon salad recipes to be found online, but here is mine:
Tear up a plateload of fresh, garden lettuce. Top with heaps of cutup watermelon. Sprinkle on feta or soft goat cheese and almonds (toasted or not- whatever you like). Drizzle with raspberry walnut vinegrette or whatever kind of dressing you fancy. That's it!!! So simple, yet so refreshing, light and summery:)
Wanna see some stamping now? Okay, here it is. Enjoy!


I used this sweet, little floppy-eared bunny from TCP's last release (Kick Some Grass), coloured him up with my copics (see ya later watercolouring!!!) and ever so carefully cut around each and every flower, whisker and blade of grass with my craft knife.Yes, it takes alot longer, but the results are worth it! Tiny green rhinestones were applied to each flower center.
I found this new designer paper that I am absolutely in LOVE with! It's called 'Simple Stories'. One of the journalling block thingys that was on one side of the 12x12 sheet had this little tree and the watermelon red that I wanted, so I decided that it would make a fun little background for a scenic card. I used my craft knife to make 2 slits on the tree trunk and fed my double layer of Cutup Grass through the holes, so the tree looks like it's in front of the grass. I did a double row of wonky machine stitching around the panel with red thread. The gorgeous orange ribbon is TCP's new seam binding in Mango and it's taped and folded in half (I needed a narrower strip) and tied in a double bow. I put the bunny up on dimensionals and 'planted' him in the grass.

For the inside, I used another piece of dp, matted in olive cs and machine stitched. I stamped the sentiment 'Smile' in black ink and dotted the 'i' with another green rhinestone. Lots of room for a nice note to a friend on this one:)

I bet you are just dying to play along with this weeks challenge! Well, we love seeing what TCP fans can do with their stamps, so get your fingers inky and join in on the fun! You could win weekly cat cash, as well as the chance to be crowned our monthly Swanky Stamper and have the opportunity to help us out with the next release! Can't win if ya don't try, right?
Link your creation up to Alma's blog or to our forum on SCS using the keyword TCPTUES168.

5 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the colors and of course that bunny - your cutting is fabulous.

Jackie Pedro said...

You have taken fussy cutting to another level.....

Cute as can be, Jenny!! Love this!

Jody Morrow said...

GORGEOUS! Wowzers! You certainly have a way with paper... :)

PS: There is a new spam filter for blogger, so you can remove your word verification. It catches ALL the spam I have gotten over the past many months. Trust me. Just a subtle request. ;)

Lisa H. said...

in. love. simple as that....this is stinkin' cute!

Anonymous said...

UM...do I hear perfection! This is freakin' darling!