Wednesday, July 27, 2011

{TCPTUES169} Girl, You're Going Places!

What have you been up to? I have been happily spending time in my stamping room, feeding my withdrawls with tons of stamping, colouring, cutting, glittery fun:) And of course throwing loads of laundry in and out of the washer and dryer when I get the chance;)
This week Susan is our hostess for The Cat's Pajamas Tuesday, and she has a stamp challenge for us! Use any kind of TRANSPORTATION themed TCP stamp on your project and you'll be elidgeable to win our weekly prize!
 I used my favorite, floppy-earred friend again this week. Man I love me some TCP bunnies!

I wanted to go really 'girly' with this card, and I'm pretty sure the goal was achieved;) lol! It's not your typical travel-looking card, but I'm just the kind of kid that likes to throw ya for a loop once in awhile...keep my peeps on their toes;) I used CratePaper's Emma's Shoppe line and chocolate chip CS for my papers. Everything is inked with Colorbox Chalk Ink in Creamy Brown for a vintagey look. I used a lacey circle nestie to die cut my main circle panel and turned the Cloud Border Cutup upside down, using the back side (NOT THE CUTTING SIDE- this is the important part! Unless you want to cut right through the paper, which would not give you an embossed look;) to dry emboss clouds on the blue dp. I then cut another lacey circle and adhered them together, staggering slightly for a doily effect. I cut some clouds from cream CS and inked the edges, adhering them to my circle panel (one flat and one popped up with dimensionals). The sentiment flag is cut from the Easy Rosettes Cutup die, as is the sentiment on the inside (it's cut in half and the wide sentiment is stamped on the stacked flags). I added some tiny pink rhinestones on the flag, as well as on the hot air balloon.

The image (from the newly released set Away We Go) was stamped on xpress it blending paper, coloured with copics with basket-weaving added using my colourless blender. The really fun part of this card was making the glittery balloon, and it was really easy too! I stamped the balloon section of the image on double sided sticky paper using Stazon ink (regular ink smears all over and you need to have the lines visible). I then cut the balloon out, and carefully peeled the bottom backing off (you need the top still in place to see the stamped lines of the image). I adhered it down over my CS balloon image. Then, using my craft knife, I cut the lines on the top layer of the sticky paper. I peeled every other strip off of the balloon and added Barbara Trombley's Microfine Art Glitter in Romosa (pink). I burnished it with my fingertip (the oils from your skin actually help this glitter to get extra-shiny and there is no risk of it flaking off- makes it great for this technique!) I then did the same with the remaining strips, only this time I used Poupon (yellow) glitter. You also don't have to worry about 'cross-contaminating' your glitter colours...once the glitter is burnished, it will not fall off the paper and find it's way into the wrong colour jar!
If you are interested in a photo tutorial (sometimes it's just hard explaining things in type;) just leave it in the comment section of the post and I'll see what I can do! It was such a fun technique that I've been wanting to try for awhile now, so go ahead and twist my rubber arm and I'd likely do it again for my loyal readers;)


It's really nice and shiny IRL! I wish you could see the shimmer:) This picture better does the glitter justice, but still no comparison to up close and personal;) These are the only 2 colours I have in this glitter and after using it, I am positively in LOVE and can't wait to get more!

Okay, now it's your turn to get your 'gears turning' and make something using your TCP Transportation stamps! Need some more ideas? Head over to Alma's blog for some inspiration and details on the challenge:)




Sketch- MFTWSC26

5 comments:

Alma de la Rosa said...

I want a tutorial. This card is amazing

Unknown said...

Love this card!! Would love a tutorial

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card! You certainly are talented, Miss Jenny!

g said...

totally amazing & i'd LOVE a tutorial for the glittery balloon- it's so awesome!

Unknown said...

Just so wonderful Jenny!! I love the tilt - totally makes the card spectacular! :)