Saturday, April 12, 2014

{RC} Hey Chickie!


I decided to have some Easter fun with my new Reverse Confetti haul! I made a card and coordinating treat bag with tag using the new Carton Cuties and co-ordinating Carton Cutie Confetti Cuts dies. For some reason, I love egg cartons! I know that sounds strange, but I think it reminds me of my childhood and helping my grandma with her chickens…I'm gonna go with that explanation anyway. lol!

This card has tons of dimension! The carton was actually cut twice, so the lower section is popped out even beyond the chick and eggs to make it look more 3 dimensional! Here's a side view:


A close-up of the little matching tag on the bag of chickie peeps!


  For the tag, I've used a strip of the Love Note scallop rectangle die. The main tag and the banner is from the Tag Me confetti cut.


Here's the card on it's own. I cut two Love Note scallop rectangle dies, fussy cutting the inner rectangle portion of one of the patterns and mounting it on foam dots over the green patterned cut. I coloured the carton a bit with some copics right onto the Kraft CS. The little sentiment banner is again from Tag Me.
I used this months SFYTT for the card layout.



OMGGGGGG! Look at the cute lil bow tie on the chickie!!


Other products used on my set: MFT twine and buttons, various enamel dots, MME DP, SU and MFT CS, SU dimensionals, copics, X-press it blending CS, machine stitching, memento and versa fine ink, marshmallow peeps, cellophane bag

6 comments:

Unknown said...

These are both perfect! The pop of blue peeled paint is awesome. LOVE!

Sarah Gough said...

This is NUTS. SO SO SO awesome! I wanna be at your house for Easter.

Jill Norwood said...

Soooo Adorable!!!!!!!!

Lisa H. said...

no way!!!! this is soooo over the top cute!!! love your carton with the chickie cutie!!! FAB!!!

wendy said...

WOWZERS this is adorable !!!

V's Sweet Ideas said...

Wow! Love it!!! Makes me want to go purchase the egg cartoon die!