Monday, February 21, 2011

Cased Cards

Hello friends! Want to see what I've been up to? Tonight is my monthly Stamper's Group. Twelve ladies, plus myself get together once a month for some stamping fun! Here is what we're making tonight...


This first card was one that I found on Splitcoasters here. I altered it a bit and changed the colour pallette to suit the brighter, spring colours that I was going for. I used the new SAB 'Bliss' set from SU, and I think this is gonna be one of my favorites! I also used the new dp that is in the SU mini- can't remember what it's called (the one with the buttons, patterns, and dolls on it), actually everything is SU, being that it's a Stampin' Up! group:) And I love this colour combo: peach parfait and melon mambo...FUN!! I used the 'Rock and Roll' technique on the butterfly, using pumpkin pie (don't have peach parfait) ink and then the melon mambo around the edge, fussy cut it out and then added some pearls.

This second card is almost exactly like the original. I found it on a fun little blog called Understand Blue. It's pretty funny and has some sweet little projects, as well as being great for a laugh over morning coffee! This card is made using the faux-pressed flower technique ...doesn't it look  like the fabric is inlaid into the paper?? Tres cool I think!!
Thanks for stopping in! See you next time & Happy Stampin!
Jenny

No comments: