Wednesday, August 24, 2011

{Kraftin Kimmie} A Spooky Challenge

Hi everyone! I have been trying to play along with KK challenges for about 3 weeks now, but it seems I never quite get the projects completed, so I do have a number of images coloured, waiting for the next challenge that they might *fit*!
I was so excited by this challenge, because anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE Halloween! My oldest son hates it, and my middle son is just like his mama and loves the decor, spooky stuff, costumes, etc! Ryan practically begs me not to put up decorations (trust me, if I didn't have kids, they would be the scariest I could find;) and Jake's in his glory! Apples and oranges, I tell ya;)
Now, I don't have any KK Halloween stamps (GASP!)...there is a little witch and a zombie girl that I'm dying for {groan}! But I am not one to shy away from a challenge, so I wasn't gonna give up that easy! Especially when I've been trying to participate for weeks!
This foxy little number, Joanie, has always struck me as trouble. And what could make even more
bad-ass you ask? Being un-dead, that's what. Yes people....get some more mileage out of your 'regular' stamps and spook them up a bit for Halloween! Just by using the right paper/accessories and colouring with different tones, you can morph sweet stamps into ghastly ghouls! I'll explain more on the colouring in a bit. Vampire girls are always beautiful and use their looks to seduce and captivate their prey....just when the clueless dude thinks they're coming in for a kiss, BOOM! They've gotcha by the carotid and you've been drained. Moral of the story- Never trust the beautiful ones;) lol!

I used some old SU! dp...loved this pack:( I think this was the last of the scraps....I coloured her with copics, going with an unusual colour combo on her skin (E000, E71, E74, G21) to give her that un-dead look. I also didn't blend it as much as normal, giving that mottled, sloughing look that a dead chick would probably have. Here is where I found a fun video on how to colour creepy skin. I also added some W3, 5 to her eyelids and under the eyes. And something I NEVER do is colour around the pupils...I just like the look of plain eyes better. But I decided to colour around the pupils with  YG copics marker to give her an extra-creepy appearance. Even dead, she was looking to pretty. I wanted the colours to be drabber and not the usual bright and vibrant, so I used a hair combo that I never have before either (E43, 44,47,49).


The moon  was made using sitcky sheet cut with a circle nestie and then ultrafine gold glitter was added. I straight and zigzag stitched with black thread, added adhesive purple rhinestones, black satin  ribbon and a halloween patterned paper flower.
The inside sentiment was computer generated and printed on white CS. I think it's kind of funny and suits the card..my hubby laughed, so that must mean I nailed it;)


I used this weeks MOJO Monday 205 sketch for my layout. It's also been ages since I've used a (current) Mojo sketch. Seems I'm always a few weeks behind with my mojo;)

Supplies: Stamps- KK; Ink- memento; DP- SU!, CS- SU!; dies- spellbinders, MFT (scallop), TCP- (pinking border); rhinestone- martha stewart; flower- recollections, ultrafine glitter; copics; sewing machine, thread, bigshot

7 comments:

Amanda R said...

Great card Jenny! She is very pasty looking and the yellow around the eyes is a great touch!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Joanie looks awesome as a vampy girl! Love how you coloured her up the mojo and your dp choices.
:) Tracy

Michele Boyer said...

Oh my GOSH! Those yellow eyes! That IS kind of spooky! But she looks FABULOUS!! LOVE it!

Jill Angel said...

OMG I love your take on this! Absolutely love it! The whole card is great and very original!
Jill
http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Haha! Great stamp to turn "vampy" LOVE it! Awesome glittery moon, too :) Thanks for the link, sadly, I had beat you to it and already ordered some of the paper from another site! Haha! ;D Too bad, as I think the deal you found was way better. ;)

g said...

so awesome! i love how you turned her into vampire vixen & your sentiment inside is just perfect! awesome papers & i love that glittery moon! you ROCK!!

Debbie S. said...

This card is awesome, so much detail to the coloring. Thanks for your coloring comments. I'm a newbie with the copics markers and blending so I read any tips I can find. Great card.