Wednesday, January 11, 2012

{TSG138} Little Moments

***Scroll down for my YNS New Release post!!****

Hey there- 2nd post of the day....whooftah! I have been wanting to play along with the There She Goes challenges now for a few weeks (and I did one week, and with all the hooplah of the holiday season, I didn't get my photos taken or post done..and then they (the quick tags I made) were gone!!)
So here I am this week, sicker than a dog, but stamping some anyway. I have no energy for housework, so besides couch-time, which is terribly boring if you ask me, stamping seems not to taxing on me;) But even stamping isn't as fun when one is sick and my mojo is having a hard time finding it's way through a stuffy head:(
This weeks challenge is paper-piecing (TSG138) and is brought to us by Trensetter Jackie. Paper-piecing is one of my favorite ways to jazz up a card, and is great if you aren't a super-star in the ways of colouring, or if you don't have certain colours of markers/pencils.....just find some DP to tie into your card and you are set for matchy-matchy;)
I used the newly released set Little Moments and I love this set...it is so nostalgic of times gone by and is just one of those sets that tugs at your heart-strings:)

  Granny's dress, her armchair and the little knitted bit were paper-pieced with various SU papers. The rest of her was coloured with copics, as well as the side table and lamp base and the shade was pieced as well. The wallpaper was embossed with a sizzix EF and inked with distressed ink to show the pattern better. The bead board was made with textured CS that was scored every 1/2" and the inked as well, with a chair rail adhered at the top. The lamp is actually a floor lamp sized stamp, but I simply only inked the bit that I wanted to. The drawer handles are gold SU brads and brads were attached in the 4 corners as well. The sentiment was stamped along the bottom of the bead board piece (I didn't score all the way to the bottom) and a river rock saddle-stitched ribbon was wrapped around with a bow topped with a MFT die cut snowflake, PTI button and twine bow.
You can see the dimension a bit better in this next pic...Granny has dimensionals 3 high stacked under her, and the lamp is doubled up with 2 layers of dimensionals. See that shadow under the lampshade?



I used the colours for this weeks Color Throwdown challenge:


As well as the Ribbon Carousel's inspiration challenge:

Thanks for stopping by!!
See you tomorrow with Day One of Kraftin' Kimmie peeks:)

9 comments:

Lisa T said...

So cute!! I love this new TSG set, too. All the components are just too cute. I love all the elements you put into your card. It must've taken you forever but it was definitely worth it!

Riti said...

This is such a Darling Card Jenny!
Love every single element in it. You're superb at paper piecing & the selection of papers is just amazing.
You outdo yourself eachtime. Thank You for sharing such Awesome work with us here.

Hugs,
Riti

Love this Grandma stamp... :)
she's soooo adorable!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Jenny this card is so sweet! I love how you tucked the lamp behind the table. The way you created the wall with the panel, trim and wallpaper effect is fantastic! Love all of the detail you put into this card!

Jodi Collins said...

LOVE this! The embossed panel is AMAZING as "wallpaper". AMAZING!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Too cute, Jenny! LOVE granny's "blue" hair, too! So glad you were healthy enough to stamp, and to join us for the Color Throwdown this week! :)

Broni said...

How cute is this little scene!! I love the texture and the great paper-piecing! Thanks so much for playing along at the Color Throwdown!

Cathy said...

I love this card, the little scene you created is adorable. Thanks for sharing.....

Lori said...

What a cute little scene! Love the textured wallpaper and the paper piecing. Glad you joined us for this week's Color Throwdown!

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

This is just so adorable! I love everything about it! Just to darn cute! Thanks for inspiring us this week.