Sunday, August 25, 2013

{PTI} Stamp-A-Faire 2013

Okay- today I have a VERY different from usual post! This weekend I was home, resting up from a bought of some bug the kids gave me, so I wanted to stay home and just lay low. When I was perusing through my Bloglovin feed, I noticed that this weekend also happens to be Papertrey Ink's Annual Stamp-a-faire. 

I thought to myself 'Hey, I have a decent little pile of PTI stamps and dies that I have been 'collecting', but rarely have any seen ink'. Anyway, I thought this would be a fun opportunity to challenge my creativity, so something different and darn it, use some of the lovely products that I've purchased! (honestly, some sets were still in the original packing and not even put in the CD cases!!!! Gasp!!) PLUS, there are some amazing prizes up for grabs! Who can argue with that?! lol!

This is a long post, so you might want to have a potty break and grab a bevy before we get started, Because I have completed all of the ten challenges, as best that I could!!

My first card is for the Breakfast Bake n Take challenge, which was basically to chose a sketch and a colour recipe to 'bake up your card'.....I used the set On My Couch for this one....the button is also PTI: Holiday Vintage Mix.




Next up is a Christmas card I made for the Tea Staining Technique! This was a fun one!! I tea dyed the vanilla CS snowflakes (Damask Snowflakes die) and some cream seam binding. The sentiment is one of the Think Big Favorites #8.



I really love the simple, yet eye catching look of my next card. I used Betsy's Gallon:Quart:Pint challenge for this one. This set is one that I bought second hand, and I do believe that it was a stamp-a-faire exclusive a few years ago....I could be wrong though! It's called Iconic Images and it's always been one of my favourite PTI sets!



For the next challenge, I used Nichole's Sprinkle of Salt challenge. I die cut the number 30 from By The Numbers die, and the sentiment is from Signature Greetings. Honestly, this challenge threw me a bit! I tried 3 different papers before I LOST it and went on the hunt for my actual watercolour paper. Well, I did find it, but then the salt didn't seem to have the affect that I was hoping for:( Oh well, you win some, you lose some! 



Up next is a card I made using the Limited Ingredients guidelines. This challenge had a specific list of things you ONLY use- nothing else! I don't have any PTI CS, so I had to make due with similar colours that I had on hand. The melon colour is off, I know, But hey, I tried!! I used the fun set Holiday Lights.


This next card was for the Whipping up Scent-sational cards challenge. Those cookies in my jar smell like gingerbread cookies! Yum! I used the following sets: Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers, and the matching dies.


Ooooo- this next one is FUN! The challenge was to make your own coordinating mists! I used Up, Up and Away stamp set, Up, Up and Away Sentiments, Up, Up and Away dies, Cloud 1 and 2 dies, and Mat Stack 1 die.


I Love, love, love the simple elegance of this next holiday card! The challenge was called Custom Accents from the Oven...using shrink plastic! Fun!
I made my custom accents using the Damask Snowflakes dies. Once shrunk, I applies glossy accents and added 3 different kinds of glitter. The sentiment is from Think Big Favorites #8.



This next one is for the Rolled Dough Designs challenge. I used the tree stamp from the set Love Lives Here- Holiday. The sentiment is from Holiday Lights. I used Mat Stack 1 again.


My last card of the weekend was for the Sweet Sugar Coated Embellishments challenge. I used Think Big Favorites #8 again for the sentiment and for the mug and candy canes, I used Candy Cane Christmas. I made the lower portion of the card using score tape and glitter.


Okay, that's it for me! Phew! Ten cards, all complete!!

3 comments:

maria f. said...

Wow! Came to see cuz I was intrigued by your mason jar - wanted to see which scent you used. But so many lovelies. I swear I can smell peppermint on your last card!

Kicki said...

OMG, you are so talented! Love your cards!!

xoxo Kicki

Annheidel said...

Great cards! My favorites are the colorful On My Couch card and the Friendship Jar card. Love how you used vellum and stitching!