Tuesday, June 17, 2014

{Avery Elle} Late Father's Day


Hey there! I know this is coming a few days late, but I really lost my stamping mojo last week and did nothing and it was a little hard to get back in the groove, KWIM?

But I have been wanting to use this stamp set, The Man, by Avery Elle for, like, a YEAR or so!! LOL! I saw my friend Sarah (here's her card) use it once and I thought, OMG I need that! And it took me awhile to order it, and then it was out of stock for a bit, yada yada. Anyway, I did receive it a few months ago and looked at it quite a bit, admiring the new glassy clear polymer in it's perfect packaging (what? no one else does that?). Finally I cracked the seal and opened that baby up!!! Now, I think I drink more beer than my husband, but what can I say? He still enjoys it and I thought this would be a perfect stamp to use on a card for him!


So here are some deets. I used a sketch from Viva La Verve (I think this is from MAy) for the layout. I am kind of a scaredy cat with CAS cards and honestly, colouring line art images are more my comfort zone, so I cannot push the envelope when I'm dealing with these graphic stamps…I must not overdo it, you see ;) Stick with one thing I know, and that's a lot of layers and embellies. Junk it up, if you will. 
The dies are all from MFT. I fussy cut the bottles and popped one up on foam. The sentiment was stamped on vellum. Memento Luxe is good for that, and I used Expresso Truffle. I added in some gold enamel dots (not the same gold as the star die cuts, but I think the variation is nice). I see that they are no longer available at I{heart}papers at the moment. I used the last of my MFT twine (GASP!) on this card….and I did some distressing and machine stitching….It was a fun one to make! 




Okay, here's the inside, using another sentiment that comes with the set, again stamped in Memento Luxe in Espresso Truffle. I added more of those gold enamel dots as well.


Here's that sketch for ya! It's a gooder to keep in the archives!


2 comments:

Sarah Gough said...

Freaking gorgeous! I loved that sketch too. You need to go twine shopping, stat!

Lili said...

Hi there Jenny! First of, I just love your work!
Now, I want to ask you if you own a set by TSG called Get well wishes and if so, would you be willing to part with it?
Let me know please :) I'll send you a paypal payment right away.
I am in Houston, TX
Thanks for your time,
Liliana Worley