Wednesday, January 28, 2015

{KKS} Time for Fun!


It's Wonderful Wednesday time!! We hope you can play along!! As always....it's ANYTHING GOES!! Break out your Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps and get krafty!!

OMGosh! I am having such fun lately digging through my older KKS stamps and having a lil reunion of sorts! My hubby went away for a work conference in Texas, so I made the goal of cleaning and starting to organize my stamping studio. I love nosing around at my collection when I'm doing a tidy!
The cleaning part is almost complete, and I have started organizing, but that will take awhile. I know I need to purge a bunch of stamps and dies, but I just can't bring myself to do it!! LOL!!! I might NEED that one die someday, ya know?? then I'll be kicking myself in the hiney that I let it get away!! I the words of my favourite Disney movie, Ratatouille, 'We don't leave the nest, we make it bigger'….. well my nest is getting awfully full!


Anyway, onto the card!! I had so much fun colouring this lil guy from Carnival Fun, only using a portion of it. I knew I wanted to use a certain sketch…You can find that HERE…..so I didn't colour the whole image, as whatever was outside the circle wouldn't make it on the card. Don't waste your time colouring what you are planning on cutting off, right? I had chosen my DP and coloured the balloons in the same style as the ombre looking DP….I wanted the really transparent looking balloons, where the ones behind are still visible. I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out :) I added in a button tied with a hemp bow and that's it for accents! The circle dies are MFT, and the clouds are TCP. I did some light sponging with TH Frayed Burlap distress ink. A touch of machine stitching around the edge adds some interest to the clean layout.



Are you joining us on Saturday for Kimmie's Birthday & 2000 friends celebration BASH?? It's an all day party with challenges, prizes, chatter & hanging with your Krafty friends!!! Head on over to the Krafty Friends FB Page for all of the deets!

We want EVERYONE to be able to play along so your submission can use ANY stamp and can be any theme, any style, any design and it can be a card, a scrapbook page, an altered item....you name it!! It must be a NEW creation and you can enter on this post until February 3rd at midnight! At the end of the month one random winner will be chosen from all the submissions for the whole month and will receive a $20 Gift Card to the shop!!! What do you think.....wanna WIN?? Let's see your krafty stuff!!

7 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow gorgeous card, especially love the balloons.
Lorraine

Brandi R said...

Love this card! You never cease to amaze! Your coloring is outstanding ♥ Thank you for sharing!

Becky said...

Wow, this is fabulous Jenny. Love the amazing coloring of those balloons.

ednamburgess said...

Just to cute! Love the bright colors and the button with the help is a great touch. Know what you mean about getting rid of something. I gave away, loaned so whatever a stamp set and now wish I had it to use. Darn. Edna B.

nancy carroll said...

Such an adorable image, awesome coloring, love those balloons.

Tracy Valure said...

Those balloons are awesome!!

Netta said...

Saw you post this card on FB and I just had to leave you a message. This card is freaking adorable!!!! you did a super job and the colors/coloring are amazing! great card. the recipient will be very lucky to receive this card.