Friday, May 20, 2011

Let's Here it For The Girls!



Good evening friends! What are you all up to for May long weekend? My hubby is away- so we aren't camping like most other people out there! Tomorrow is my middle son's birthday, so we are going to town to take him to the store to spend some of his loot and then to a movie! He'll be pretty excited! He has been wanting to go to bed since mid afternoon so he can get to tomorrow faster! lol
Here is my card for this past weekschallenge over at Kraftin Kimmie- the challenge was to make a card with the theme 'Girls Rock'...not hard to do with all the fabulous girl stamps that Kim features at her shop!!
I chose this sassy little vixen! She is chalk full of spunkiness! Perfect for this challenge I think! And what, I ask you, screams confidence and girl power like a red catsuit and gold heels...NOTHING, that's what!


Here is a closeup shot. I painted SU's shimmer paint all around her with my aqua painter...not sure if I like the results, but thought I'd try something new! It just didn't cover like I wanted it to- to streaky and I wanted more of a spray-paint type of coverage.


I coloured her with copics and used a buttermilk and red spica pen to add sparkle to eye shadow, belt and shoes and the red lips. A shwack of gold brads and gold SU CS keep this 'solid gold' girl shining!

Better go and get my monkeys to bed! Plus we are babysitting my friends cocker spaniel so I have to deal with her too! Have a great weekend!
Jenny


1 comment:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Love the paper you used for this one, Jenny, and your coloring is FABULOUS! Especially that red catsuit - deep red is so hard to color properly. Did you know I have that EXACT outfit in my closet?! ;)