Monday, May 30, 2011

{TCPTUES161} Bright & Cheery Birdhouse

Hey there! Time for another Tuesday Challenge from The Cat's Pajamas! This week Jen is our hostess and she always provides the most beautiful inspiration pictures! This is probably my favorite since I started playing along back in the fall. Soooooo serene...ahhhh! I just love:) Thanks Jen!


I wasn't kidding! Isn't it just a feast for the eyes!! Here is how I found inspiration, using the colours, the plants and the little pink bird on the apron.


I used The Tweetest Things set and the Home Tweet Home Cutup die, as well as the Big Scallop Cutup die.



See my little perch for the birdie? I used a brad and simply held onto the 'front' of it with my tweezers and bent half the arms down to secure it..that way some of the arms of the brad stay on the front side of the card instead of having the brad flat against the paper.


For the card's inside, I sponged white CS and stamped the branch all while still in the nestie die, then coloured the branch with copics and stamped the sentiment in pink ink (I curved the stamp a bit to follow the curve of the branch...easy to do with clear stamps!). I then added some leaves with dimensionals.

Here are the TCP products I used on this card:




Okay, now it's your turn! Make a card inspired by Jen's picture, and link it up to Alma's blog for your chance at our random weekly draw for some cat-cash as well as your chance at the Swanky Stamper of the Month title!

Supplies: stamps- TCP, ink- memento rich cocoa, SU!- melon mambo, marina mist; DP- SU!; CS- choice snow white- TE, SU! (rose red, early espresso); dimensionals- SU!; brad- neutrals SU!; ribbon (rose red) SU!; embossing folder (sizzix); sponge; Dies- TCP, circle and scallop circle spellbinder nesties.
Sketch: Mojo192

3 comments:

Alma de la Rosa said...

This card ROCKS, Jenny!

Unknown said...

Seriously lovin' all the texture and color and WOW you have in this card Jenny!! Very cool!!

Leigh OBrien said...

Bright and cheery is right, Jenny! Love this card. I am normally at a loss as to what to do with those solid images these days but you made it work perfectly!! Way to go!