The theme this month is 'A Touch of Texture'...mine's more of a full on open-handed slap, rather than a touch:)
I followed Jen's SFYTT this month as well (the sponser is MFT, so whacked two birds with one stone on this card;) Gotta love it when that happens!
I used an insane amount of texture on this one, so I'll try not to forget anything!
1) Get this- my son had a real birds nest in a ziploc bag that he found with his grandma and I pilfered some of the loose bits and used them as the campfire sticks! (I even had to remove a hair- ewww!)
2) Same son brought me in a little twig that I used as my marshmallow roasting stick after I got most of the dirt off;) I made the mallow by rounding the corners of a peice of cream CS, crumpling and inking the edges and the crumples. the twig is 'poked' through with a holepunch.
3) I added a touch of orange glitter to the flames
4) I used white liquid applique on Fred's marchmallow (on both the inside and outside of the card)
5) distressed edges for that 'rustic' camping look
6) sewing machine stitching around the edges
9) cork cut with MFT's ric-rac dienamic
10) the sentiment sign is stamped on wood veneer with black stazon and popped up on dimensionals
Here's a close-up, and you can see the dimension better...Fred and the fire are popped up on dimensional boosters as well as the scenic panel, marshmallow horizontal panel, wood sign and the cork ric-rac die.
And here is the inside, using another one of the cute sentiments that come with this set as well as Fred Bear stamped again in creamy caramel ink (stamped off once to give a more subtle look). I also added some more liquid applique to the inside marshmallow!
I didn't get around to making my dad a birthday card, so I think that this will be it! He likes a good campfire, so this looks prefect for him!
Thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned this week for a fun TCP challenge, as well as my first challenge as a Guest DT for Your Next Stamp!!