Tuesday, September 11, 2012

{RCC70} With Sympathy

 
This week our fabulous Crewmate Andrea Ewen is our hostess with the mostess and she is challenging us to make a sympathy card. 
 

I used one of my PTI sets (they just aren't getting enough use, and I recently bought a bunch more secondhand from Corinna! Ha!). I am not much of a sympathy card maker....it just seems like when you need them is not the time you want to make them! I should really make a stack (or less, that sounds plain morbid!) for when the sad occasion arrises and crafting is the last thing on the list. Anyway, I'm rambling! But I will tell you that I do like botanicals for these kinds of cards (which is completely against my grain...NOT a flower/folliage kinda gal)...this is a great set for that! I stuck with just the grass and left the flowers off....the grass was stamped in Old Olive and the sentiment in the new SU navy...

I added some MFT dienamics and gorgeous vintage seam binding in graphite and natural jute twine from the RC!

 
Check out the Ribbon Carousel Blog to see what my crewmates have created!

2 comments:

Alina said...

Jenny, congratulations on your MFT winning card, it was my favourite too!
You have a very beautiful blog, I like your style, and I'm looking forward to your MFT GD projects!
Hugs, Alina

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful, love the fabulous design and the colors. And congrat's on winning the GDT on MFT! I love that chocolate bar you created.