Friday, October 1, 2010

Retreat Time Baby!!!

Good morning all! TGIF!! As you read this, I will be packing my scrappin stuff and heading off for a weekend retreat! This is an automated post, so I hope it works :)
And guess what?? I was nosing around Mercy's blog (MTSC) and found that my card (see it HERE) from last weeks challenge was chosen as one of Mercy's Magnificent Musings for the week!! Yay ME! LOL! Made me pretty excited anyway:) My mom said she was proud even if there was no cash prize involved;) Thanks Ma!

Thought that I'd give you a little treat before I'm away for a few days....This card I made with my 3 neices in mind: Gracie, Harley and Elli. They are seriously 3 of the sweetest little things ever and I'm so lucky to be their auntie. And since I have no daughters of my own, I can predict years of spoiling them rotten ahead! lol
Not sure if I'll make them this exact card, but the stamp and the delicious papers are staying for sure! I am in love with this new christmas paper from Cosmo Cricket.....the purple and red combo is simply amazing!
Isn't she sweet?? Meet CC Designs newest Emma! I swiped her off a stock cart at my LSS..she hadn't even made it to the shelf yet when I stashed her quickly away in my basket of treasures! (and her little brother too! Well, I couldn't very well take one home and not the other! What kind of a person do you think I am?) Stay tuned for him in the next week:) He is a cutie too! I coloured lil Emma with copics and paper-pieced her santa suit and hat. Her belt and boots are coated with CE and her buckle is sparkling with stickles (man I am addicted to stickles and CE lately;) I glued a scrap of fuzzy yarn-type stuff to her hat and red pearls at the ends of her braids. I dabbed her cheeks with copic opaque white paint. She is popped up on dimensionals a top the nestie 'nest' of dp. The panels were all machine stitched. I added 3 sparkly green brads (reminiscence- Michaels) and the sentiment is embossed with craft ink and irridescent ice embossing powder (all SU). The green satin ribbon was found in my stash and the crochet ribbon is SU. This is the same Mojo sketch that I used on my last post.
I tried colouring her skin a little darker than I usually do, as my skin colour wasn't photographing good and it looked like I hadn't even coloured my people at all. It seems to be working better, so I'll keep doing that:) If you ever are curious as to which colours i use, just ask and I'll do my best to help you out. I don't always post the colours I use, as it takes longer and my time is scarce;)
Jenny


No comments: