Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Beary Sweet Card!

Good day to you all! I have been so busy preparing all my projects for a card class that I am putting on Fiday night that I have barely had any time to actually stamp just for fun....I did however find some time last night for this little bear:) I am submitting it for the TCPTues127 Swanky Stamper of the Month Contest over at TCP. The challenge this week was to use the colours Teal, Olive and Eggplant. Now this to me is a bit of a different combo, but I actually really like colour challenges, because thats where I lask creativity. I am the kind of person that basically sticks with the same fav colours and doesn't usually go out on a limb with colour selection. As I was making this I thought to myself "man, this is gonna be ugly", but I kept thinking, hey, everyone else is going with the same colours here, so if indeed mine is ugly, then the rest will be too;) LOL!! But I am pleased with the end product and might use this combo again sometime (maybe....)
The layout is MTSC 92, and I have been waiting for a good sketch with an oval image panel to use with my little bear! Isn't she cute? I hand cut her apron out of olive and teal felt and hand stitched it to the paper. She is coloured with copics. I added purple dots to her teacup (or hot chocolate, or highly creamed coffee- whichever you please:) Crystal Effects was applied to the 'tea' to give it a wet, glassy look. The panel is cut and embossed with oval nestie and the eggplant layer with a scalloped oval nestie. The scalloped panel is cut with olive felt and eggplant CS using MFT's dies. The teal CS base is embossed with a swiss dots embossing folder. The sentiment is cut with a tag nestie and sponged, then tied to the twill bow with thread.


Recipe:
Stamps: A Cuppa- The Cat's Pyjamas
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU creamy caramel
CS: taken with teal, elegant eggplant, old olive (SU), Choice buttercream (TE)
DP: SU
Fibers: Twill ribbon (SU), sewing thread
Dies: MFT, Spellbinders
Other: Copics(E30, E31, E55, E57, E59, BG10, BG11, BG13, 0 and a purple-cant remember which one), corner rounder punch (SU) sponge, crystal effects (SU), embossing folder (cuttlebug)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this card, she is so sweet:) I saw your comment on followers on another blog. I'm becoming #9! I hear you- I'm a new blogger as well & while I get lots of hits, followers are much harder to come by. You are a talented stamper though, they will come;) Good luck!!