Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Inch by Inch

Hello!! Happy Hump Day! I am off to Edmonton today with my MIL and SIL for a day of kid-free lunching, MIL's Dr appointment, and maybe IKEA (fingers crossed on that one!)....really I'd take any kind of shopping...Hmmmm, just thought of the Gap outlet store that's on the way out of town! lol
Thanks to my other SIL for watching all kids (with my kids, mandi's kids, her regular day care kids and her own son- it might be a hairy day!!!) We owe her!!
So on to my card! I used the Card Positioning System sketch and My Favorite Things is this weeks sponser. I have been wanting to use this WTG Gardening Girl for quite awhile and I knew the exact paper (cosmo cricket's Garden Variety) that I would have to use, so I went diggin' in the paper stash and found it right away! Nothing worse than knowing what you want, and that you do have it, but never being able to find it:( Totally sucks the mojo right out of you. And no matter how good the finished card is, you know it would have been WAY better with the 'right' paper!
Here is the sketch:


Okay folks, not alot to tell here, so I'll make it quick. First of all, I rotated the sketch to make it work for my horzontal image. I coloured her with copics, paper-peiced her shirt, glazed the boots and tomatoes and popped up the gardening box on boosters. Added some red satin ribbon and bow, and topped the bow with an orange button, which I 'threaded' with a tomatoe brad! I added some texture to the yellow panel using a SU! embossing folder.
Here is a close up of the image. I am giving this card to the lady who owns the greenhouse where my mom works. She is super nice and gives me staff discount even though I never have, or never will work there:) She is just one of those plain nice people! I think that it's a great card for greenthumb like her- and she is a crazy talented, knowledgeable horticulturist! Some of my friends were chatting on the weekend at my sons party and I heard one girl say that it's like harps playing and angels singing when you open the door to the main greenhouse! lol And her tomatoe plants are the hardiest:)


I really love the way this card turned out! The bright colours just make me happy- and it was so quick to put together too- Bonus! Thanks for stopping by! I might have something fun to show you tomorrow (fingers crossed!!!)

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Love the way you flipped the sketch and great design! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week :)

Create It Simply said...

Absolutely love this! Thanks for joining us at CPS :)

Jody Morrow said...

Pretty! Love the bright colors.

Lea L. said...

This is so fun and cute!! I love that button you used, and the glossy accents on the tomatoes is a great touch! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!!