Tuesday, October 27, 2015

{MFT} Purr-fect Birthday



Hey there! Just wanted to share with you a card I made this past weekend for my brothers girlfriend Katie, who is a bit of a cat-a-holic.  I used a retired image from My Favorite Things and tried to colour it up to look like one of her cats. I think this Authentique 'Devoted' paper is hilarious and just purrfect ;) I like that this pad has dog pages as well, cuz really who needs an entire pad devoted to just cats?? I did a ton of distressing: inking, sewing, tattered edges....and tucked a paper doily in behind. Th button I found in my stash and tied it with rustic jute twine.


The cat was coloured with Copics and shaded with some pastel pencils. I added some glaze pen to the eyes and nose of the cat costume. 


 I am usually too lazy to do the inside of cards, but there was a cool scrap of DP with the cat and giant yarn ball that I thought would be great for the inside, so I went ahead and completed it. I added one of the sentiments in the set as well. 


No comments: