Tuesday, April 10, 2012

{YNS/Ribbon Carousel} CHEERS!

Welcome to a special Your Next Stamp preview day..today we are not only showing you some 'sneak peeks' of new YNS stamps that will available for purchase tomorrow in the YNS store...we are also combining YNS rubber goodness with a fabulous company that I am a huge fan of- The Ribbon Carousel! YNS is sponsoring the RC's Challenge this week and the Ribbon Carousel is giving away a $25 GC this week!

I am showing off one of the yummy cocktails from the fun new set Cheers, as well as the matching die. I used the funky martini glass and matching die and paired it up with some olive satin scalloped edge ribbon and rustic red jute twine. Looking at this card, I think it might make a good Christmas card, but that was not the intent!! I am quite sick of snow and cold and ready for the summer months;)
 Can you even believe how CAS (clean and simple) this card is?! Must be the heavy dose of Tylenol Cold & Flu that I am on (Yes, I got the dreaded spring cold)...brought out another personality in me!


Here is a close-up shot and some of the details. I stamped the crumb cake panel with the glass using the matching ink, leaving a strip bare at the bottom where I stamped my sentiment (this comes with the set) in black ink. The popped up martini's were stamped onto cream CS and coloured with copics. I then placed the die stencil I made with scrap paper where I wanted it and marked my stamped image with a paper-piercer, then removed the stencil. Using the easy to line up holes, I placed the steal die over my image and ran it through my Bigshot. I added red stickles (SU) and used a paintbrush to push around the glitter so that it would be less in places and heavier in others. I then coated the glasses in a thick layer of Crystal Effects (SU). They were popped up using dimensionals over the olive ribbon strip and hotglued the olive bow, and threaded twine button over top of the stems:)


Here is the prize up for grabs today, The cute new Ellie Loves Lattes. Just leave comments and you will have a chance at winning this new cutie patootie!
And Your Next Stamp is also offering a special disount to those participating in the Ribbon Carousel Challenge this week!

16 comments:

Meg said...

Great card - love the wonky-stemmed cocktail glasses!

Laurel said...

This is too cute, love the background stamping!

Angel said...

super CUTE CAS card!!! love the glasses cut out over the ribbon! and that Ellie is a cutie!

Mary-Anne V said...

Great card...love how you made your own pp.

Crafting Vicky said...

What a great card. I love your stamped background. Just great work.

Jess S said...

fab card! Love the fact that it'd make a great Christmas card :)

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

CAS fun!!! Great combo.

Kerri said...

I love your CAS design, Jenny! Those drinks look delicious, and the sparkle you added is gorgeous!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love this!!! Those cocktails look fabulous and love your ribbon treatment!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SUPER fun! LOVE the sparkle!!

JaniceA said...

Great idea using the stamp on the background like that. Love the card! janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Shari said...

Jenny, I love your card! I have martini glasses just like them that I use regularly LOL. Great job!

JoAnn Heinbuch said...

Love the new martini die..

howo34 said...

Great card!

~ Jo ~ said...

Great card! Love the ribbon and those cute margharita glasses!

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours :)