Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's been 8 days since my last confession....

Uh, remember in my last post when I said something like 'cross my fingers I don't get any other affliction'...well, I definately have some kind of bad karma floating around me, cuz guess what I now have?? MONO!! I know! Crazy! The doc asked me if I have been tired lately, and I said 'I've been tired for 6 years'..not sure if it's any different than the usual tiredness, I can't even tell anymore! Oh yeah, and pink eyes back..now Jake and me again. Geesh! Oh well! So I am finally posting a card (I have been working on the boys' teacher giftys and cards and made a little mini-recipe album with my 12 disciples (stampers group members), so I have been getting my craft-on here and there. I'll post one of the teacher prezzies tomorrow- they are turning out really cute!
So this card is a TCP tuesday challenge, and it's a sketch challenge designed by Alma. I thought this sketch definately 'pushed' me a little, having the main circle image not centered and all;) But thats a good thing, right?

I used this little sweetie from TCP's latest release. She is coloured with copics, and paper pieced. I stamped her in memento ink and cut her out with a circle nestie, leaving her scarf hanging a little out of the circle. I sponged the paper while it was still in the die with SU soft sky ink. The snow is stickles dabbed here and there.  Around the red circle layer I glued some white tinsel twine from SU to give the layer an frosty feel. The sentiment was cut with a spellbinders tag and sponged as well. There is a few rhinestones added to the tag and on the card panels as well. The red vertical panel was cut using the TCP wave die (negative side) and I was going for a heart look, although I'm not sure that I achieved it! LOL. I ran the 'heart' strip through the big shot and embossed it a wee bit with a SU texturz plate. The main grey swirly panel is embossed with a snowflake folder and than I ran it through again with just cutting plates to make the embossing less noticeable....

Here is a close up of the little girl. You can't see it very well, but I added clear spica glitter pen to her hair ribbons, cheeks, steam, heart on the cup and crystal effects to the cup. It's super cute IRL!


















Recipe:
Stamps: TCP
Ink: Memento tuxedo blk, SU soft sky
CS: cherry cobbler, chocolate chip, whisper white
DP: Bella Road
Dies: Spellbinders, TCP
Other: Copics, taylors tiny twinkles (TE), brad (stash),  spica pen, CE, tinsel twine (SU), texturz plate (SU), snowflake embossing folder (SU), dimensionals (SU), stickles

1 comment:

Michele Boyer said...

So I typed a comment and left without typing in the little code...duh. :)

I always love all of your details, Jenny! So cute! I sure hope you feel better soon! You definately deserve a break!! Hugs!