Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sweet Sunday

Hello friends! Hope that you all had a great weekend! I am feeling a little better as compared to Friday when I felt like '10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag' (quote my hillbilly BIL Jeff for that dandy little line of the day;)! LOL! Last night my sweet mama brought us supper and then took one of the boys home with her for a little sleepover. My oldest son Ryan bought us all gifts at the White Elephant Sale at school (if you're not familiar with that, it's where the kids get to shop for their family members and everything is a quarter....parents bring in donations of new or gently used items the day before and you simply send a list of names in the family and some change and they can shop like big kids!!) It's really fun to see the things that he buys us...such care goes in to choosing the right gift! Anyway, he bought Dad a belt buckle at the rodeo, me a little jewellery box for my dresser (I am a jewellery fiend, so thats appropriate), Jake a play-doh set and Hayes a little stuffed giraffe that he packed around proudly all day.....Ry was so proud to see his brothers loving their gifts!! He also bought both sets of grandparents gifts too (not sure about Craigs folks as he hasn't given them theirs yet) but he got my mom a duck ornament because she likes birds and it 'looks like a grandma thing' according to him and here;s the funny part- my dad a cookbook (my dad knows how to fry fish and thats about it)...he told his papa that it's so he can learn how to cook for himself and then grandma can have sleepovers here! bahahaha! I think maybe my mom is over-using the excuse that she always has to leave and go home to cook! Kids are the funniest!!!! I love those little guys! Today we had Craigs brother and his family over for supper and Mandi and I made some cards while the guys and kids watched a movie...I made this card for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge this week, as well as MFT's WSC (which is to make a christmas card using a PI stamp). I like this sketch because it gave me the excuse to make an odd sized card, which I rarely do, and if I do it's usually a square (I know- I'm really out there! lol)


As you may remember, this is the exact same Bella Road paper that I used on my last card (hey, it was on the desk still and I love it, so why not!!?) that I paired with SU's Soft Sky CS. I used this cute little My Favorite Things PI Wyatt and practically paper-pieced the whole guy (except the face, boots and mittens). I gave the snowman and snow a little shimmer with a sakura pen. I put some black brads as his coal buttons, some chunky SU glitter on Wyatt and Frosty's touques. The snowflake dies are SU sizzix dies that I layered and I hot glued some tinsel twine behind it. the enamel chocolate stripe brad is SU. The chain die is Papertrey Ink. I think that I'll give this card to one of my little guys for Christmas!!


The inside uses the same paper and PTI die. I am tinkering around with putting the sentiment somewhere other than the very centre (which is totally my comfort zone, hehe!) What do you think? I love this sentiment too, So cute:) Overall a very simple and quick-ish card to make, but I really like how it turned out!
Thanks for popping by!
Jenny

No comments: