Friday, September 3, 2010

MFTWSC08252010 & SSSC

Good day! I am super busy with the 3 C's today: cooking, cleaning and cardmaking!! This card kills 2 birds with 1 stone, so to speak. I am submitting it for MFT wednesdays sketch club challenge, which wasn't actually a sketch, but was to use flowers on your card. The sketch I am using is Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge 83. Here is the card:
Isn't she sweet!! She is an MFT Pure Innocence line and the set is called 'Are we there yet?' and is actually travel-themed. I stamped her in memento tuxedo black onto TE Snow White CS and coloured her with copics. I cut her out with a circle nestie and stamped around the die with Soft Sky ink (SU) and drew in some grass/flowers with my copics to ground her feet a little (and coincidentally to cover up an ink smudge that I made when colouring her...hehe). This is an odd colour choice for flower theme, but I think that different is good, right? Her shirt and purse are paper pieced and i dabbed a bit of crystal effects on her hair flower and purse buttons and gave her some little earrings with silver baby rhinestones. A black scalloped panel and chocolate satin ribbon finish it off along with layers of flowers:)
Here is a close up. You can see the crystal effects and her earrings better.
Paper peicing is alot of extra tedious cutting, but I think the effect is worth it. I just ties everything together so nicely!

Supplies: Stamp: MFT- Are we There Yet & On the Pier (sentiment)
CS: TE, SU!
DP: Basic Grey- Origins
Ink: memnto, SU!
Dies: MFT, Papertrey ink, Spellbinders
Brads: MM, SU!
Rhinestones: Recollections
Flowers: Prima, MM
Ribbon: SU!
Copics: E0000, E01, E11, E57, E47, E49, Y19, Y21, E08












No comments: