Thursday, September 30, 2010

Eyeball soup anyone??

Did the title of my post grab your attention enough? Bwahaha!! I hoped it would;)
I'm back from a few days hiatus...I've had a wee bit of a cough/cold and the headaches have been ridiculous, so stamping was put on the backburner:( But I managed to grind this little goodie out for ya! It's a fabulous sketch by Mercy and I am lovin this one! It's one I know I'm going to use in the future....ah, I loves me a good sketch...This is also a TCPTUES128 challenge for the coveted position of swanky stamper of the month..doesn't that sound like a fun title to have?? I would practically feel like royalty if I could call myself that;) Haha!
Now, the challenge over at The Cats Pyjamas was to use PJ the Bear, and I only have one PJ and used him/her for the last TCPTUES challenge, so here we are again with another bear:) This time I tried to mix it up a little and so I coloured my PJ purple and made a halloween card.

I stamped her and cut her out after colouring with Copics. I popped her up on a sponged nestie that I framed with black CS and black lace that I ruffled around the nestie. I paper peiced the apron and added some tinsel glitter to the apron strings. I drew in some eyeballs with my copic multiliner and coloured the brew a slimy green. The steam is sponged green and srickles added and the eyeballs have crystal effects applied. I also coloured the cup and saucer with a clear spica glitter pen. Pj's nose and eyes also have a coating of CE.

I stitched around the panels with black thread on my sewing machine and added a black rhinesone to each outer corner.
The panel size is definately 'off' from the sketch, but thats the way the cookie crumbles sometimes;) lol

Thanks for dropping by!
Jenny


Recipe:
Stamps: Have a Cuppa (TCP), Stampin Up- sentiment
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, SU (old olive), Memento tangelo
CS: SU, TE (white)
DP: SU
Other: Ribbon (offray, SU), spellbinders label 13, rhinestone, spider brad (recollections- Michaels)
Cord button (SU), Copics (sketch, multiliner), Spica glitter pen- clear,  Crystal Effects (SU), Stickles diamond glitter, sewing machine, thread, bigshot, Onyx tinsel glitter (martha stewart)

5 comments:

Lisa H. said...

wow! this is soooo cute and well designed! LOVE the eyeball soup and way to think outside the box with your one bear TCP set (I'm still waiting to add him to my collection!). Congrats on being the Swanky Stamper of the Month!

Vickie Z said...

He/she is adorable!! Love the eyeball soup!! Agree with Lisa- excellent thinking out of the box!! Congrats!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Awesome! Love that eyeball soup! Congrats on being this month's Swanky Stamper!

g said...

this is so fun- i love the lace &the eyeballs in the soup! big congrats on being the Swanky Stamper of the Month!!

Amy Rohl said...

Wow, this is just so cute, creative and fun!