Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's A Western Thing

Greetings my friends! Well, my Victoria family that were staying here headed to the airport this afternoon to catch their flight home, so I am back in blogland! Since I was asked to be next weeks guest designer for Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge, I decided that I would play along this week as well! And I love anything western, so this was a fun one to make!!
I actually barely stamped on this one, which is a change from the usual. The only stamped image is the "Wanted" tag. I embossed it in distressed embossing powder, which gives it that really rustic look, rather than your typical shiny embossed looked.  The music paper is actual sheet music that I got at a garage sale this summer, and it's Hank Williams 'Cheating Heart'...which is a pretty cool old country song! I wish that you could see some of the words, but it seems like space runs out quick when you're talking a 4.25x5.5 area!! I distressed the edges and sponged the whole thing with Early Espresso and Crumb Cake ink and then crumpled it up and unfolded it a few times. The dp is an old SU! pack from a few years back that I LOVED!! I cut it with spellbinders and inked the embossed inside edge with crumb cake and sponged the outer edge with early espresso. The cowboy was also inked to create more of the distressed look. I tore the bottom off because it was a bit too large. The corugated cardboard was just ripped off a box laying around my scraproom. The label is a little diecut thing I bought ages ago that was in my stash and I trimmed around it (used to be more rectangular) and inked it. I tied some twine around the cardboard a few times and added a few brown brads. The sparkle border trim was also from my stash.
This was not at all the way I imagined this card when I started planning, but I like the way it turned out:)
Thanks for looking!!

Supplies:
Stamp: Wanted (SU)
Ink: Versamark, SU
CS: Early Espresso (SU)
DP: SU
Diecuts: My Minds Eye
Other: household twine, brads, cardboard, distressed embossing powder (tim Holtz), vintage sheet music, border die cut (unknown)

2 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

Love this rustic western card!

Unknown said...

this is a gorgeous western card! We're looking for talented papercrafters like you to join us by entering exciting challenges at Papercraft Star. All the challenges are posted way in advance to give everyone a chance to get their project ready. The public and participants can vote for their favorite projects (that win People's Choice Awards) and we also feature fantastic give-aways from our sponsors. We hope you'll come over and join us today at http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com We're right in the middle of a $25.00 gift certificate give away just for becoming a follower!