Sunday, September 26, 2010

MFT Challenge

Greetings my pets.....are you having a good weekend? I am!! On Friday night I had a stamp class at my house with 16 ladies stamping up a frenzy!!! We made 4 cute cards (I'll post them tomorrow) and I think (?) everyone had a good time! There were a few of my usual girls and a few new ones, so it was nice to see both old and new faces! Thanks to everyone that came:) I also had a garage sale and sold lots of stamp sets, paper, punches, etc. So I had some money in my pocket that I couldn't wait to put to use! Saturday I hung out with the fam, finished making this card (scroll down) and then went into town for the LSS's customer appreciation night. There were lots of good sales, munchies, a nice make n take, and I even won a prize;) I bought some new sweet stamps, the new cosmo cricket 'wanted' paper (De-Lish!!!!) anf some new nesties...can't wait to try them out on a card or two! Today we are taking the boys to the calgary zoo to get in a family day before dad heads off to work for 3 weeks:(
Okay- this challenge was MFT's wednesday stamp club challenge to use dies and mft stamps to create a scene. Immediately I knew that I wanted to create an outdoor scene using 'Tea Party'. This was so much fun!! I loved this challenge! Here is the final product:

 I used various MFT dies to create the sun, clouds, 'rolling hills', grass, and an SU punch to make the 'sign' arrow. I paper-peiced the girl and table and cut out the sweets and teapot and cup. I wanted this little munchkin dressed in her finest tea party clothes, so I added lots of stickles and crystal effects to spiff up her outfit;) I used little pearl adhesives on her shoe buckle and her earrings. There is lots of detail in this card..inking edges, sewing, pop-up, a felt cloud (I even put extra felt underneath to give it a puffier look). The sun and cloud both have stickles as well. The cupcakes have CE added to the cherries and stickles on the icing. I coloured the tea pot, cup and cupcake stand with a clear spica glitter pen to give it a lovely silver look ( you have to use your best at a tea party!) I used 2 different holepunches to give the tablecloth a lacey-type look. The tree is a diecut from the dp package.
I love the way this card turned out!!!!


Recipe:
Stamps: MFT (Tea Party & Tea with Flopsey-sentiment)
CS: SU, TE
DP: Crate Paper (little sprout)
Ink: memento: tuxedo black, rich cocoa
       SU: creamy caramel, chocolate chip
Dies: MFT
punches: SU
Other: stickles (ranger), crystal effects (SU), dimensionals, sponges, sewing machine, thread, pearls (unknown), Copics, felt (MFT), bigshot, hole punches
Finished card : 6x6

5 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! This is soooooooooo cute! You should love the way it came out!! Totally adorable!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

How sweet! Love all your patterned papers and her doily-esque tablecloth! Awesome!

g said...

super cute & sweet- love your whole scene- awesome tree & sky- it's all lovely!

Lisa H. said...

oh, my is this ever cute!!!! love your scene, it's so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Gasp....Thud!