Thursday, October 14, 2010

Think Pink #1

Well, my week is starting to look a little better:) Ryan is feeling better and I think tomorrow he will be back in school just in time for the weekend! Today my middle son had a preschool trip to a local dairy farm, so that was fun! He climbed a fence and before I knew it, he was in the pen with the calves just having a time:) What a little farmer he is! This afternoon I made homemade cinnamon buns with cream cheese icing and took them out the field after supper for the 'combiners'...hopefully they get the crop off before the snow flies, as they are predicting:( SOOOO not ready for that!! And I managed to get some stampin in while the baby napped and my dough was rising!
Over at The Cats Pajama's there is a customer blog hop going on, and in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the theme is 'PINK'! Now, I don't have to much pink hanging about, so you might see some paper overlap in the next few days!! Bare with mama on this one, K?;)



Remember a few posts back when I used this sweet whale stamp to make a bday card and I said that I thought it was a versatile stamp set? Well, here it is as a baby card! I wouldn't have used it as a 'girl' card as my first choice, but now that I've fulfilled the 'pink' requirement, I kind of like it as baby girl card:) I wanted it to look really delicate and subtle, so there isn't a huge amount of contrast in the paper choices. There's alot of stitching on this one and sponging on every edge....the whale is paper-pieced and her sailers hat is coloured with copics and popped up on dimensionals, There is also a little rhinestone star on her hat. I added a baby braddy to her eye for some extra detail. I sponged the plain pink flower with chocolate ink, added a brown felt flower and white button and some chocolate bakers twine to finish off the whole ribbon treatment. I added the rhinestone flourish and hope that it looks a bit like this whale is blowing some bubbles:) I am not impressed with the lighting on this photo...its WAY nicer IRL!!! But, I bet they all say that;) lol
This is based on this weeks MOJO sketch...
Recipe:
Stamps: TCP
CS, DP: SU
Ink: SU chocolate chip, Memento rich cocoa
Ribbon: SU
Others: Copics, bakers twine (TE), Button (SU), pink flower (prima), brown flower (unknown), Rhinestone flourish, star rhinesotone (unknown), Baby braddy (MM)

3 comments:

Lisa H. said...

oh, this is too cute! love that whale.

Erin Walker said...

Aww, so cute!

Unknown said...

Great card! Love that whale image - she is adorable with the rhinestone flourish!