Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Snow Adorable

Hey there! I don't know about all of you, but I am still trying to recuperate from Thanksgiving weekend;) I had a wonderful weekend with my down-south family..I always hate leaving them, but it's good to get home. Even though the laundry is taller than my 4 yr old:) lol! I have had a poor, sick boy this week, so he has been home from school all week. Hopefully he is feeling better by tomorrow! He was up at 12:30 and was pretty much continually throwing up until 6 am. Which was not even the reason that he was home from school in the first place. He started off with a wicked cough that sounded like it went into his chest and then out of nowhere a GI bug?? Kids. You just can't figure them out.
This card was really fun to make, as I am a 'boy mom'. The challenge over at MFT WSC this week is to make a boy, or masculine card. I was going to use my new little MFT superhero guy, but then I had a dream last night (or maybe it was just a hallucination, being that I was practically awake all night,and  during my periods of dozing off to be jolted back to reality by the serene sounds of dry heaving?) about making a tone on tone style card. I thought that this little winter guy would make for a nice monotone (??) kind of scene. I also used Jen's SFYTT this week.

This little man is stamped and only his face and boots were coloured. His hat, sweater, scarf and pantsn were all coloured using a q-tip and ink pads. I think it gives a watercolour or chalked look, without all the work. I also tried to make his pants and toque look like actual wool. I like the look I think. And I think I may have invented this;) I don't remember seeing anyone else do it...never know;) The brownish silver snowflake BG panel was run thru the bigshot using SU's new snowflake folder. I used the negetive side. I also used the swiss dots folder for some added detail. Everything is distressed  and sponged a ton to give it a vintage look. I used assorted SU punches and dies, and a spellbinders nestie. The main image panel and snowflake are popped up on dimensionals. I also used smooch paint on the boys mitts, dogs scarf and the small snowflake, as well as on the inside of the card (on the swiss dots and snowflake)

I used SU's new glass glitter on his hat pom-pom and scarf tassel. Man, is it ever cool stuff!!! I can't wait to get the other champagne colour now (this is the silver). The little vintage tag is SU as well.
Recipe:
Stamps: MFT (boy and dog, inside sent- not sure of name), SU- Tiny tags (card front tag)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Chalk ink- toffee, SU- soft suede
CS: SU- soft suede, early espresso, white, shimmer white
DP: SU (retired)
other: SU punches, dies, spellbinders die, embossing folders (SU), twine (SU), antique brad (SU), baby brads (tim holtz), smooch, vintage tag (SU), Crystal effects (dogs nose- SU), Copics, glass glitter (SU), tombow glue, dimensionals, big shot, q-tips

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh SWEET!

Erin Walker said...

His pants really do look like wool!! Another great card Jenny!! Awesome :)