Saturday, November 6, 2010

pretty sick kitty!

Not me! Well, maybe me a little, but I think I am finally on the mend:) I am talking about non other than Sprinkle, the diva kitty from TCP. The challenge over at The Cats Pajama's this week is 'For the Girls', meaning we make a girls card using one of their female images. Well, the only 'girl' image I have is a few sets with Sprinkle in them, and I hear she is a she indeed!

I stamped Sprinkle with memento, Cut the image out with a circle nestie and matted it in a scalloped circle nestie cut out of green felt (MFT). I stamped the bedding on a scrap, cut that out and traced the sheet and pillow on some pink toile fabric (complete with a kitty cat pattern- what else for Sprinkle would be appropriate I ask you?? lol). I did the same with the sheet (only with pink felt). For the headboard, I stamped the image onto kraft CS in black and then used a SU woodgrain BG stamp and stamped that with brown ink, cut out the headboard and glued it onto the main image on the nestie. I stamped sprinkles again on white and cut her out, colouring her eyes, nose, collar, and ice pack( hot water bottle??) with copics. I also added clear spica pen to the eyes, nose and collar. I gave Sprinkle herself a coat of black with my copic to make her extra dark. I then added her to the very top of all the peiced layers with tombow glue.
The dp is just squares that I punched out with my SU square punch, glued to a peice of white cs with a glue dot in the center of each one and zig zagged stitched along the seams with my sewing machine. DO NOT sew thru glue or any kind of tape adhesive!! It seriously jams up your machine! Don't ask me how I know this....I just do. I wanted this card to have the look of a quilt, so I also added some pleated satin ribbon underneath the pink satin ribbon and bow. I thought it looked like a bed skirt ruffle! What do you think? I added some pink and white paper flowers around the edge of the circle (it just looked a little too bare) and some pearls to the flower centers and corners of the card.

The inside is pretty simple. I used a spellbinders die and a circle nestie inside that. I punched the sentiment with a SU punch. Pearls were added to the corners.
Hope you enjoy:) Thanks for looking!
Jenny

Recipe:
Stamps: TCP, SU- woodgrain BG
Ink: Memento tuzedo brown and rich cocoa
CS: SU (kraft), TE (white)
DP: The Girls' Paperie
Other: Nesties, copics. spica, pearls (unknown), flowers (making memeories- pink; SU- white). fabric (unknown), felt (MFT), ribbon (pink satin- SU; cream pleated satin- unkown), sewing machine, thread, bigshot

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is adorable!!! I love the felt and the fabric, it adds such a sweet feel to the card:)