Saturday, November 20, 2010

{TCPTUES} Ski Bunny

Well, I have some very exciting news for you all!!!! As some of you may know, this Tuesday is release day over at The Cats Pajama's. Now that in itself is pretty exciting fo those of us that are fans of their adorable stamps....but in addition to the excitement of 10 new stamp sets and 4 new dies, Alma (the Top Cat) asked little old me to be a part of the release!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it!! I have known for awhile, but haven't said anything, as I was waiting to see if all my FREE goodies came in time (you heard me, free! Alma generously sent me 5 new stamp sets and 2 new dies to play with!!!). And the package came in the nick of time, on Friday!! So I am busy this weekend making my samples to display with the fabulous cat-packers! I have never been in on a blog hop before so I am kind of nervous being that I am practically the worst techie out there! So if you have any advice for a rookie, I'd sure appreciate it! The release party is Monday night on SCS right here (5-7pm mst). And the release is Tuesday, so I'd love it if you come along and 'hop' with me and see all the things that I've made with these cute new products!!!


So here is todays card. Oh how I love The Cats Pajama's Tuesday Challenges!!! So fun, different and inspiring:) I look forward to these challenges more than any other!! This was the intimidating photo challenge which always makes me use me noggen, but this week it came to me immediately! Gotta love it when that happens:) Here is the photo:

That's right folks...it's a chair;) My inspiration was both the blue/green/brown hues and the really funky pattern on the fabric. I chose to go with the pattern, as I had some brand new paper that I thought would be prefect!
Isn't this bunny sooo cute? He was one of my freebies from October's Swanky stamper challenge, so I love him even more because I didn't have to pay for him!! Like a thief, it seems more thrilling to me when I get something for FREE!! LOL! Maybe I need therapy. who knows? Maybe I'd take therapy if it was free? haha! I used MTSC99 from last week (I got mixed up with the sketches sitting out on my desk and was 1/2 way through making this card when I realized I was using an old sketch, so I just went with it!) for the layout and it's such an easy sketch to work with, can't wait to use it again;) So this is the dp that I thought had the same feel as the upholstery on the chair....so retro and funky! I stamped Mr Bunny, coloured him and cut him out. I paper-peiced his nose and his scarf. There are stickles on the icicles that have accumulated on his little whiskers (I know that feeling, though not on my whiskers (??) but rather the nose hairs- I told my mom the other day "you know it's cold out when the hairs in your nostrils freeze" Haha- TMI?? lol) I also applied CE to his skiis, poles and nose. For the circle BG, I ran it through the swiss dor embossing folder to make it look like snowfall and then I cut a landscape out of sticky sheet and used SU's chunky glitter. The trees are die cuts and I popped a few of them up for dimension and added tiny twinkles to the tops. Bunny was placed on the panel with dimensionals. The ribbon is SU's new seam binding...so nice. I love. And I used a teensy tiny button and linen thread as well. My Bunny apparantly didn't get the memo about changing colour for the winter. He might not last long in nature with that dark brown coat against the stark white of the winter wonderland that we have outside, but he sure looks cute on a card:) Maybe he is just a non-conformist like me?!


For the inside, I mimicked the layout on the front. I love the sentiment that goes with this set (there are a few more, but this is my favorite) 'Feel the Wind in Your Ears'!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: TCP
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox chalk ink- toffee (for sponging)
CS: SU (cherry cobler, always artichoke), TE (choice snow white)
DP: Basicgrey- Jovial
Ribbon/thread: SU
Other: spellbinders, copics, taylors tiny twinkles (TE), sponge, crystal effects (SU), dimensionals (SU), tree die (SU), chunky glitter (SU), swiss dots embossing folder (SU), bigshot, button (unkown)

Thanks for looking and we'll see you back here Tuesday!! Don't forget!

1 comment:

Lisa H. said...

oooo! this is fabby! congrats on working with the DT this month.