Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mojo 154- RAWR

Second post of the night- Whoop Whoop!! This is a Mojo Sketch, and you had the option of doing a square or a round card. I have never made a round card and chickened out once again...maybe next time;) hehe
This is one of my favoritest stamps that I own...I am in love with this little guy!! Isn't he just the cutest 'wild thing' that you've ever seen? I love finding great little boy stamps! They seem to be few and far between if you ask me....I love MFT's Pure innocence line and they have a few boys, but they are practically bald and how many little boys that you know are past the age of 3 months are bald?? I don't know of too many! I might get a few and take my copic multiliner to them and give the lil dudes some hair!
I used some neenah CS for my lil monster and coloured him with copics. I then took my 0 colourless blender and gave him some 'scales' by just dotting the marker here and there until I got the colour to blend out as much as I wanted to get the desired effect. The cork is from MFT and I cut it out with a SU! scalloped square die. The grass is cut out using MFT's grass die and felt. The clouds are also MFT felt and the cloud die-namics. The DP is My Mind's Eye 'Quite Contrary' and I used a portion of the zig-zag dp, fussy cutting it for the 'belly band' of the card. The sentiment is stamped and punched with SU! punch, as well as the scallop oval behind. I gave it a little bit of ribbon, being careful not to make it girly (ribbon can be tricky that way;) and a couple of green rhinestones to finish it. Who says boys can't have bling too?? hehe

Here is a close up of Mr Monster. You can get a better idea of the scales. He is also popped up a bit with dimensionals. I tucked his feet in and out of the 'grass' to make it look a litte more realsitic, as if he were really standing in blades of grass instead of completely behind them.

The inside of the card is more of the MME DP and the bottom little line of different pattern is just the strip at the bottom that shows you the reverse pattern, I just didn't cut it off and it looks okay I think!! I stuck another cloud down and some ribbon. The sentiment is sooooo awesome! It cracks me up! I think that it is so true...sometimes their little growls do mean they love us (or at least thats what I'll keep telling myself, as I get rawred at on a daily basis:) LOL!!






Supplies:
Stamps: MFT
Ink: Memento
CS: SU!, Neenah
DP: My Mind's Eye
Felt & Cork: MFT
Dies: SU!, MFT
Punches: SU!
Ribbon: SU!
Other: Copics, dimensionals, big shot, green rhinestones (unknown)

Finished size: 5.5 X 5.5

Thanks for stoppin by!! See you later:)

No comments: