Monday, September 20, 2010

A Whale of a Card

Whoop Whoop!!! Second post of the day! Man, I am on FIRE!! LOL! This card I'm about to unviel to you all is seriously C-U-T-E. Be prepared to sigh aloud and say "Awwwwww!!" and even break into applause;) hehe. I'm all about 'blowing my own goat" (??) lately, as the hubby would say:) Without further adieu, I present to you 'A Whale of a Card'

Isn't it just the cutest?? I used The Cats Pyjamas A Whale Of A Time stamp set. I have been itching to use this guy on a card:) This set is so versatile- It would make an adorable baby card I think! I stamped him once on the white/grey dot dp, a 2nd time on the blue dot dp and a 3rd time on the grey swirly dp. I cut out the 2nd and 3rd whales and glued them onto the white/grey dp. You'll see the dimension on the tale section if you scroll down to a view from above angle. I bent the tale up a wee bit so that you can see the blue dot paper underneath. The sailers hat is also stamped twice and popped up and cloured with copics. I added a trim line on the hat with my multiliner and coloured it red. It gave it a little more punch than a plain hat. His little eye is a black baby braddie. The waves are all cut from the wave die (TCP) and every layer is popped up with dimensionals. The effect is really neat IRL!! The circle and scallop circle are cut with spellbinders. The sentiment is cut with nesties as well and also popped up. The panels are a mixture of Oct. Afternoons Thrift Shop and Fly a Kite. I am submitting this card to The Cats Pajamas challenge of the week (use plaid)...I would love some 'cat cash' for sure!!!! The plaid that was used is in the dp and the gingham ribbon of course. Here is a picture taken looking down on the card to show the layers:

The layout is SSSC 86. I am seriously diggin this sketch (so much in fact, that I made a SECOND card using the same sketch!!) Check back later for that one:)
On the inside I used scraps and the negative side of one of the blue dot wave dies. I simply flipped it upside down and the quilted pattern looks like its cut into a wave, when in actuallity, it's the blue pattern that it cut. I love eating up scraps on the inside- it makes you feel good to use bits and pieces up instead of swiping them off the table and into the trash!!
Well, I better get the bruiser bros in the tub!! Thanks for lookin'
Jen

Supplies:
Stamp: The Cat's Pajamas
Ink: Memento Tuxedo black
CS: SU
DP: October Afternoon (thrift shop, fly a kite), BG (basic whites pad), SU
ribbon: SU
Brad: cord button (SU), baby braddie
Die: TCP, spellbinders
Copics: BG10, BG13, R27
dimensionals

1 comment:

Nancy Thomas said...

Very cute - I really like the fun colors you used and the paper pieced whale.