Friday, September 10, 2010

MTSC90

Hello! It's been a very bust week for us, as it was Ryan's first week of grade one, and I am finding I need to go to bed almost as early as him! LOL!! And as you may have noticed, most of my crafting and blogging is done at night....so....I haven't been getting much done in that department:) Next week Jake starts preschool, so I'll be down to one kid a few afternoons a week!
This is a card using Mercys Tuesday Sketch Challenge for this week. I kind of messed up the width of my panels, so it isn't exactly as the sketch shows, plus I added an embellishment, but chalk it up to creative freedom!
I used the Cherry Emma image from CC Designs and popped her up onto the Bench (also CC Designs). She is coloured with copics and cut out and added to the circle nestie. The nestie was sponged with ink after cutting and embossing. The paper is a mix of Thrift Shop and Fly a Kite from October Afternoon. I inked all panels and the main dp panel with chalk ink. I also zig-zagged machine stitched along the panels vertically. I paired a green sparkly brad with an orange and red felt flower and hand cut the green felt leaves. I added diamond stickles to the cherries and ruffles on her shirt and pants.

Here you can see a close up of Emma and see the stickles a bit better. I can't remember the specific copics I used, as this was an image I coloured awhile back:)

The inside was made really quick. I just die cut another nestie and flanked it with some butterfly punches from the dp. The sentiment is from MFT's Birthday Girl A la Mode rubber cling set.

I have to make a wedding card tonight, so hopefully I'll get that posted later...stay tuned!! It's going to be something completely not my style, so we'll see how it turns out;)
Supplies:
Stamps: Cherry Emma, Bench (CC Designs), Birthday Girl (MFT)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, cantaloupe, tangerine, Colorbox Chalk peach
CS: SU!
DP: Thrift Shop, Fly a Kite (OA)
Dies: Spellbinders, Martha Stewart
Other: Copics, felt flowers, brad (reminisence), Stickles, Felt (MFT), sewing machine, thread

2 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card thanks for sharing!!!

Lori said...

How sweet! Love all the sparkle you added to the Emma image.