Thursday, September 2, 2010

SFYTT Hogs & Kisses

Hello my pretties!!
This is a quick little card that I whipped up for my Grandpa's 85th Birthday. I used Jen's SFYTT as I thought it was the kind of sketch that wouldn't take too long to make....I was right- I banged this out in no time;) If I wouldn't have been running late, I would have put a wee bit more thought into it, but I had to get my nails done before I took Gramps out for supper.

I used Taylored Expressions Udderly Sweet and coloured Cuppie and the Hogs with my copics. The focal image was cut with circles nestabilities and sponged with ink for the sky and grass. The DP is Cosmo Crickets Garden Variety, which I love so much!! The lattice fence was punched using a martha stewart punch and the little circles were also punched with SU punches. Easy Peasy. Looking back I kind of think I should have used white CS for my fence instead of the green, but hindsight is 20/20 I guess:)










The inside was quick and easy; just a few punches with the cute little sentiment 'Hogs & Kisses on Your Birthday'.....I love dorky little sayings like that! LOL Sorry for the poor quality of the inside shot- I didn't realize it was like this until I downloaded the picture and I have already given the card away, so no re-shoot! BTW, Grandpa tried to rip the big circle off the front to open the card until I quickly redirected him;) OMG- I almost had a heart attack!! It's a good thing for my obsession with score tape or it would have been demolished by the frail elderly! It's funny how you get really uptight about a handmade card (at least i do!!) I once had a girlfriend who let her kid write on the front of the card I gave her. She was is a close friend, so I felt it fully within my rights to reem her out for it and threaten to give her dollar store cards if she ever pulled that crap again, so now she make a point (to an extreme, mocking way, if you will) to ooh and ahh over my cards:) LOL
Supplies: CS- SU!
               DP- Cosmo Cricket
               Stamps- Taylored Expressions
               Ink- Memento, SU!
               Other- Punches- SU!, Martha Stewart
                          Copics, Spellbinders

No comments: