Monday, November 8, 2010

Mermaid Monday

Happy Monday to you all! Did everyone have a good weekend?? We had a long weekend here..there was some kind of PD day at school on Friday, so we headed into town to get a few errands done and ended up coming home early because I wasn't feeling great in the afternoon...this is a heck of a tough cold/cough to kick, I tell you! Saturday was a jammie-day for me and the boys and we watched Toy Story 3 with my brother and sis in law and their kids and thats a hard one for the moms!!! Brings a tear to my eye!! The kid grows up, the mom gets left at home while he goes off to college, shoot- even the dog gets gray in the muzzle!! Sunday we had a bday party and then in the evening we went to Megamind. So all in all, not a bad weekend for me and the boys:)
Here is a card that I got dome this weekend and haven't posted yet. I used Mercy's sketch for this week:

Now that I got myself started on these Kraftin Kimmie girls, I just can't get enough!! I've got another cute one in the making that I'll post tomorrow:)
This is Arianna (??) I think? I stamped her, coloured her with my copics and added tons of glitter and stickles.  After she was cutout, I popped her on top of a eyelet square nestie and to add even more bling I put score tape behind the open circles and added glitter to the front. The button is a clear SU button and I used a 3/4 " circle punch to punch out a section of the sparkly red paper and used CE to glue the paper to the button. I tied a cimple linen thread bow to the button. The sentiment is cut using a label nestie and I ran the patterned paper label through the bugshot again with a smaller eyelet square, just cutting th corner out...clear as mud? I thought so;) lol

The seahorses have stickles on them and then are covered with CE and popped up on dimensionals as well.

The inside is just another nestie die with the sentiment cut and sponged with the label die. I used a martha stewart shell border punch along the bottom and ran a line of score tape over that, pulled off the adhesive backing and added glitter! Easy peasy and cute as can be:)


Recipe:
Stamps: Kraftin Kimmie (Arianna, mermaid sentiments)
Ink: Memento (tuxedo black, cantaloupe& tangelo (sponging)
CS: SU- colours, TE- white
DP: TPC
Other: Spellbinders, Martha Stewart punch, glitter (SU), acrylic button (SU), linen thread (SU), scoretape, Crystal Effects (SU), dimensionals (SU), Copics

No comments: