Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bluejean & Bling!

Hi all- hope you had a fantastic weekend! I just got home from my weekend retreat, where I got a few challenges accomplished as well as my TCP swap!! AND I watched a few good movies: 1) Slumdog Millionaire (I know, I know....but I had still not seen it..WOW!!! and 2) Black Swan- holy...deep and dark but surprisingly good! Natalie Portman was amazing! No wonder she won the oscar (and golden globe I heard). The food was delish and hospitality unbeatable! Thanks Lynne!

One of the challenges that I wasn`t going to enter and decided to last minute is MFT`s guest DT of the month contest....the theme this month is denim and diamonds...bluejean and bling.....rhinestone cowboy;) Whatever you want to call it! I didn`t take a ton of MFT stamps with me, but I did take a few...it was a choice between 2 Jolinnes or Fred Bear! hehe- Jolinne won by a landslide!
I also used MFT`s weekly sketch (WSC#17) for this one:


Here is my card:



I used a fair bit of dark blue denim as trim (MFT ric rac die and frayed scrap), matting, and the flower accent (MFT rolled rose die-namic), as well as in the inside, with a nestie die and the stars (MFT stacking stars die-namic). The bling is an assortment of i-rock crystals (swirl), SU clear rhinestone brad (rose center), Taylor`s tiny twinkles (star border (MFT) centers, Jolinne`s necklace, hair flower, purse flower, and shoe buckles). I like this card- it looks so much better IRL- the picture doesn`t do the card justice! And I think it looks really western with the colours and the denim and gingham red ribbon....too bad jolinne doesn`t have a cowboy hat on!! Maybe we need a cowgirl jolinne some day!


That`s it for me tonight! I have a few more sweet cards that are already made up, so I should have steady posts for the rest of the week:)
Jenny

4 comments:

Melody said...

Just love this inside and out! Love how you used the denim and bling and your coloring is wonderful!

Mandi said...

Congratulations Jenny! Although I'm not that surprised...blue jeans and bling really is your THING!!

Melissa said...

WOOHOO! Congrats on the Guest Designer gig - well deserved!!! This card is cah-ute! :)

Beate said...

Gorgeous coloring and beautiful card, inside and out!