Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Original title- I know;) tee hee! How are you spending mommy's day? I am spending it with my 4 favorite guys- my hubby and 3 lil munchkins! DH made me a yummy brunch- french toast, bacon, eggs, fruit..mmmm! And he cleaned up afterwards and did dishes! I had a lovely, almost uninterupted jet tub and read my book (The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larssen... the 3rd in a fabulous series!), and watched a Scooby Doo movie. And I got in some stampin time...I already had this card made, but I wanted to make my SIL a card too, so I'll post that in a few:) The card I'm showing you today is one that I made for my mama- a very special lady who is my bff too!! Aren't I a lucky duck? And she lives just down the road from me, so I can see her whenever I darn well please...she is my coffee buddy! And she is the world's best grandma to boot!
I loved this image from MFT... the sentiment did me in!





































I coloured my flapper doodle and flapper doodle jr with copics, sponged the inside of the oval nestie with memento cantaloupe ink. The flowers are a mix of SU paper daisies and making memories (green assortment) The crystal brads and brown ribbon are SU as well. The dp is KaiserCraft 'Nan's Favorites'. A fun little 6x6 pad with some cute, kitschy patterns:)


The inside mimics the card front. I used the SSS106 for the card layout. Well, I best be spending some more quality time with the fam....hubbers leaves in a few days for the rest of the month on another long hitch:( So I'll likely be licking my wounds and pouting in my stamp room whenever I get the chance- I guess stamping beats emotional eating! lol! Have a happy rest of the day all Mom's out there- We have the toughest, deeply rewarding and MOST important job going!! Never underestimate the importance of being 'just a mom'!!!! Bless all the moms!!
Jenny

Oh, I almost forgot! Here are a few pics of my little ones this morning at our family breakfast!



No comments: