Tuesday, May 24, 2011

{TCPTUES160} Butterscotch Bunny

Time for another weekly edition of The Cat's Pajamas Tuesday and this weeks challenge is a super fun sketch brought to you by the lovely Leigh...and she so happens to be the Birthday Girl today, so go give her some bday love! Oops- hope she's not one of those people who pitch a fit about 'getting older' and don't want anyone (let alone millions of internet viewers- cuz that's where I'm at;) to know it's their special day...oh well! Happy Birthday to you Leigh!
Here is her topsy turvy, wonky-paneled sketch. This might be a challenge for ya if you're the kind of stamper that needs everything straight as a board...but give it a shot and come play with us...trust me, the worst that could happen is that your card gets selected for weekly cat cash!!


I stamped the cute little bunny from the Field of Pinwheels set onto xpress blending card and coloured him with copics, adding some grass in. I wanted my bunny to have an orangy, butterscotch kind of colour to go with the colour scheme of my card, and I kind of like the way he came out...I love experimenting with my copics! The pinwheels are all stamped and coloured separately and popped up on dimensionals, accented with various spica pens and have a twinkle rhinestone in the matching colour applied to the centre. The large pinwheel that the bunny is holding, has a larger SU rhinestone added the the centre.
I got a couple of new spellbinders die sets this weekend and this lacey oval is one of them, so I thought this would be the perfect time to try it out with Leigh's oval focal panel in the sketch. I opted for bakers twine with a button and big bows for the embellishment.
Here you can see the dimension a bit better on the popped up pinwheels:



Head over to the Dancing in Pajamas blog to see details on how you can play with us this week, and check out The Cat's Pajamas forum at SCS as well. Looking forward to seeing your creations for this fun challenge!
Jenny

Supplies: Stamp- TCP- Field of Pinwheels; Ink- memento; CS- SU: melon mambo, bermuda breeze; DP-MME: Tickled Pink; Lacey Oval Nestie, Oval Nestie; Copics; Twine- the Twinery; Taylors Tiny Twinkles; SU rhinestone; SU button; Webster's Pages Sparkler button (green); dimensionals; glue gun; big shot; cuttlebug embossing folder

1 comment:

kksb said...

Wow! Your card is incredibly cute and the colors are dramatic. I really like the grass and the color of the bunny.