Friday, May 25, 2012

{MFTGUESTDT} Baby Evyn

Hi there! Remember a few weeks back when I made a little wall hanging for the niece that I was expecting? Well, she did make her entrance into the world, and her and her mommy are doing great and she is the cutest lil bean!! Her name is Evyn Melissa and talk about a dolly! She has the thickest head of dark hair and smells delicious.... I am in need of a snuggle just writing this! Hopefully I'll see her tomorrow:) I used the MFT guest DT sketch challenge as my opportunity to make her mom a card. When I saw the sweet MFT PI stamp Boy and Baby, I knew that I'd be using on this card, as well as some big plans for scrapbook pages.
I love me some sketches, so this months challenge was just what I needed....people are making some amazing projects the last few months, and not to say that others aren't super busy as well, but I just have no time to devote to huge projects! I thought that this simple sketch challenge was totally do-able;)

Here is the sketch:


I did a masking tecnique to create the scene, using the Pure Innoncence  Boy and Baby and PI Naptime sets. The boy holding 'baby Evyn' represents my nephew Brody and the little girl in her jammies and blankie represents my niece Elli! I paper-pieced all of their clothes and her blankie and coloured the rest. I shaded the paper-pieced bits with my grey copics to add depth. I added mini SU pearls as buttons on her jammies.
The vertical sentiment, stamped on one of the mini tabs foursome dienamics  is from the PI set Baby Lamb In The Manger. I anchored the tab with zigzag stitching and machine straight-stitched around the main panels. I added some copper brads to the stamped panel.




The flower element was made using the Perfect Petal Trio dienamic. The smallest flower was cut from MFT cork sheets. The twine (in brown and pink) and Prima wood button are from The Ribbon Carousel.


The inside sentiment is also from the Boy and Baby set. I added another flower with the Perfect Petal Trio and another copper brad.


Okay- wish me luck! I am really excited about the way this card turned out and I can't wait to give it to my sister-in-law!! She is a crafter, so I know she'll appreciate all the work that went into this one;)

Thanks for stopping by, and I'll leave you with a picture of my gorgeous niece....she is Blog-Famous now;)
My talented SIL made her headband too, if anyone is interested in her business, just let me know and I can hook you up!



9 comments:

Danielle Daws said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely gorgeous! I had printed out this sketch intending to enter... I'll go do something else... No contest!!

Lisa H. said...

ACK!!! another gorgeous creation...you rock, girlie. love the combo of these images and your coloring is outta this world.

Jodi Collins said...

Shut the heckaroo up! This is FAN-FLIPPIN-TASTIC girlie! For once, I am speechless

wendy said...

what a beautiful baby, congrat's to your SIL...and what a gorgeous card!

Jackie Pedro said...

I find it hard to believe that Jodi is speechless, but I am FO SHO! This is darling, Jenny!!

Vickie Z said...

Love your card...fabulous! Ack...the little one is adorable!!! Snuggling is a must!!

sue w. said...

Super cute card, love the images and the layout and stitching is fab. Your SIL will love it.
How cute your niece is, such a lovely photo of her.
Hugs Sue W.

Melody said...

How creative are you!! Love how you combined the images!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous card! Great combination of sets!