Monday, May 14, 2012

{MOJO240} Snips n Snails

Just a quick post this morning- I had made this card a few days back (almost a full week, actually) for the Mojo Monday 240 sketch....I seriously ADORE that sketch! Don't be surprised if you see alot more cards with that layout;) I uploaded the card to SCS so that I would be elidgeable for the prize (yep- It's prize week and I want it! lol), and now it's time to blog it;)

 
I LOVE Verve stamps and am always so inspired by what others can do with them (my bud Melissa is not to shabby;), but I don't think they entirely fit my style or comfort zone....I am a 'colourer' (of people and cartoony animal images in particular, and flowers TERRIFY me!!) I am not good at stamping bold, graphic images....I tend to draw a creative blank if I can't colour my little heart out. But I am really going to try to strive to try different styles of stamping (and I even bought some new Tim Holtz markers, because I am in the throws of a serious Copic addiction and I don't want to be the kind of artist that can only work with one thing and has no skills outside of that one thing....

Anyway, this was a really different card for me (and if you follow my blog, you've probably already identified that;). I am taking baby steps here. I did colour the bear with Copics, and he is my style....but, he is a very small portion of the finished card;) He (and the sentiment) are from the Verve set To The Moon (which is on SALE right now!)....This is probably my most FAVORITE Verve set ever- so many sweet sentiments (for girls and boys) and adorable little animal images to go with. The perfect mix;)
The flowers behind the wood button were cut from CS and DP using the Floral Circles A Cut Above Die set.


Dontcha just LOVE that green gingham ribbon? OMG- my new fave find! It's from the Ribbon Carousel, as well as the black and natural jute twine....which I have been hooked on lately as well;) lol! The paper is also from RC and it is called This & That 'Charming'. And they are having a 30% OFF Mother's Day Sale that ends tonight!! So go check that out!



You can see the original Mojo sketch, as well as the other entries here! And today there is a new sketch up as well! Thanks for stopping by! This week marks the beginning of Kraftin' Kimmie's newest release previews, so I'll see you back in a few days for that!

3 comments:

Katie Skiff said...

So cute!! I always love the black and don't do it enough, but it makes this pop!!

Vickie Z said...

Perfect card for this sketch!! Love the papers, wonderful!

Susie said...

What a great card! I love your style. Is there anyway you could make the font larger for your blog? I can't read what you write it's so small. I don't know if it changed recently or what but I always like to read what you write and either my eyes are bad or the font is just too tiny. Blessings!