Saturday, February 18, 2012

{KKS New Release Blog Hop} Lulu and her Teddy

Do YOU know what day it is??? It’s Krafty RELEASE Day at Kraftin’ Kimmie Stamps!!! And we’re celebrating with a KRAFTY HOP!! There are SO many incredible new stamps to SEE, so let’s get started!

Over the last few days in our Krafty Peeks, we have shared lots of AMAZING new stamps from all our artists! We’ve got something for everyone!! Lulu is back from Cheryl Alger.....we know how much you love her!! So we have a new set called LULU AND FRIENDS! We also have TWO fantastic sets of feathered images from Emilie Goulet called TWEETS AND TWITTERS 1 and TWEETS AND TWITTERS 2!!! And of course we have an amazing new set of six SUPERHEROES from Annie Rodrigue! And don’t forget the perfect new set to work with ALL your stamps.....IN STICHES!!

You will get to see most of the new images today as you sit back and enjoy our FEBRUARY Krafty Hop! If you want to start from the beginning, just head over to the Kraftin’ Kimmie Challenge Blog! As you hop from blog to blog, be sure to leave a comment at each and every stop because some lucky stampers will win packages of these incredible stamps from the new release!! And when you’re done hoppin’, be sure to head over to the Kraftin’ Kimmie shop, because ALL the new images are NOW available!

And of course, as always, we have our Gimme Kimmies Kits available for those of you who ‘need it all’!! The stamps are grouped together by artist and are available at a discount, but only for a limited time!!

You shoud have arrived here straight from the Krafty Challenge Blog....and if you get lost somewhere along the way, the hop list is posted in all it's glory;)

I am using one of the sweet Lulu images for my hop card today...these little girls are just so darned sweet...I can't resist them:)


Okay- be gentle on me! I rarely colour African skin tones, or anything other than caucasian, but I felt like trying something out of my comfort zone! Let me know what you think! I used E13.15.17 for her skin, as well as some R85 for her cheeks.....hair is cool greys. What is your favorite copic combo for coluring darker skin tones? I'd be interested to pick up any tips;)
The teddy was paper pieced and her arms and hands were stamped once more, and popped up on top of the teddy dp.
I did lots of sponging with distress inks and added some wonky chocolate stitching around the outside of the card front. The flower embellie was created with an MFT die and topped with an OA button, threaded with SU linen thread.
I used some thin cardboard (the kind that backs your 12x12 paper packs) for the flowers and leaves, as well as the open scallop oval nestie...since the cardboard is thicker than the turquoise DP, and I didn't want it cut all the way through and loose all the little bits out of the scallops, I used the rubber embossing pad in my Bigshot, rather than the second cutting pad.


Here is a little close up of little Lulu....


Okay, next on the Krafty Hop is the super-talented Krafty Girl Alice...this girl colours ground like no one I know!!! I need a lesson Alice;) Go check her out! And don't forget to leave comments along the way..You might just luck out and win some amazing prizes!

45 comments:

lisa said...

love the slippers and the bear
the cutout shape is great too
thanks for sharing

Sandy Smith said...

I think you did a great job. Personally I haven't tried African American skin tones either and I think you did great. Thanks for saying what colours you used since I would love to try it myself.

Cheryl Valadez said...

Jenny, she's absolutely beautiful! I think you did a wonderful job with the skin tones, in fact, I'm jotting down those colors and will give this combo a try :) Love that little paper pieced bear, too! Hugz, Cheryl

Sharon Caudle said...

This is beautiful, Jenny! I think you did a fantastic job on her skin!! The papers are awesome and love the way you stitched it!! Gorgeous! On my tutorials tab on my blog, you will see I took a Mo Manning digi and did up several different shades of darker skin tones if you're looking for more ideas.
hugs, Sharon

chrilvian said...

great skin
and nice paperpiecing

SARA said...

beautiful card!!!!! i love this colors!!!! sorry for my english!!! :) i love it

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card. Cute image beautifully coloured. Lovely.

Unknown said...

This is so cute and adorable. I love your layout so much
hugs Tammy

Marilyn said...

Such a sweet image and great layout. Love that flower too!

alethea said...

Such a sweer card! Love how the teddy matches the background paper!! Hugsxx

Olivia said...

Just beautiful. You did a great job with your coloring and love the color palette.

wendy said...

I think you did a fabulous job...I too have never colored African skin tones...but it looks fantastic awesome card once again you ROCKED!

Nathalie said...

Very nice. I love the way you did the bear and the coloring is fantastic.

Hanneke said...

Love your card! Such a great stamp and love your coloring and paper piecing! Hugs, Hanneke

Miss NiceRoad said...

Hey, you did well with those colors for the skin!! Sorry I don't do copics yet, but I'll sure follow you from now on :)

Amy Sheffer said...

Amazing job with your skin tones, Jenny! Gotta try these colors, too! I colored this sweetie last week, and even still, I had to look twice to realize it was the same image!! Fantastic job bringing her to life! Love the trick with the cardboard, too! TFS!

Cindi said...

Great card! Nice job on the skin..I've considered trying other colors but I get too scared lol.

Heidi Brawley said...

awe how sweet. love the bear. looks like he is made outof corderoy.
hugs, Heidi

Hi it's Terrid said...

She is so cute! I don't usually color darker skin either, but I think you did a great job!

Tanya said...

I think you did a fabulous job with her skin tone! Wonderful card. Love the paper piecing!

Christyne said...

I love what you did with that nestie, the cardboard looks awesome over the turquoise!! Super cute card!!

Laurie Wood said...

The colour combos are lovely - nice to see some "earthy" tones in a thank you card. Thanks for giving exact directions too!

Anonymous said...

She is darling and I love her skin tone! The bear is sweet too! Thanks for sharing!

sparkling stamper said...

SHe is adorable. I am fascinated with the oval where the holes are filled with a different color. Never thought of doing that! Great job!

jonim52 said...

Love your coloring

K Clark said...

i think you did an amazing job with the skin tone... very impressed!
tfs - kimberly

T Young said...

I think you did a fantastic job on your coloring! Love the flower too!

Marilyn said...

Adorable card and the diecut flowers and leaves add so much to this cutie!!

jkreucher said...

this is so creative! I love the idea of the embossing mat to leave in the punched out parts...love that they are filled in with a color.
Your coloring looks great to me!
Awesome card! love it!
hugs
Judy

Pam Varnell said...

LOVE it Jenny and you did awesome on her skin tone. Beautiful card.

Jen N said...

So adorable, love those slippers!
jenny dot naus at yahoo dot com

Tara Godfrey said...

It's STUNNING Jenny! I love it!!! Lulu looks SO beautiful! I love everything about your card,hun! So many gorgeous details...you have a lot patience too, to add in all the little green negative parts of the scalloped oval...painstaking I'm sure, but it looks fab!
Hugs,t

Manderly said...

LuLu is just the cutest! I like how you did Teddy as the background paper. Very, very nice!
Manderly
xxxooo

Cindy said...

Cute as can be I love your coloring
Cindy

Cindy said...

Cute as can be i love your coloring!
Cindy

Shari said...

Jenny, your card is beautiful! I love how you paper pieced the teddy and I think your skin tones look great!

JessicaK said...

Her hair and skin look amazing, and yay for you for venturing out of the comfort zone.

Mary F said...

Fantastic job on your skin! It's always hard stepping out of your comfort zone and sharing it with the world, but you did great!

Debora said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love all the stripes and the paper piecing. Terrific coloring!

Linxx said...

Wow, the colours match amazing and I love the skin tone of the little girl!
TFS!

Linxx

Teala said...

Love this stamp! Great job on the coloring. Thanks for your inspiration!

Sassy Cheryl said...

Another gorgeous card! Love it.

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Beautiful coloring and I love the paper piecing! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Salma said...

It`s so cute card!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job. This is my first time on your blog and what a delight it was to see an African-American such as myself. Keep them coming!