Saturday, February 11, 2012

{KKS115} Rapunzel in Pearls....

Hey there! Todays Kraftin' Kimmie challenge (115) is brought to us by Sandie, and she wants us to use pearls and pins on our projects...
I confess that I am a bit of a 'rule-breaker' and some have even called me a non-conformist....GASP! I can't imagine;)
Sandie- I tried to put a pin on this card, I really did! It just wouldn't work....and a wise old chinese man once told me 'DON'T FORCE IT'!!!!! Granted, he was talking about the lens on my Nikon camera, but I think it's pretty good advice for any situation.....
So here is my card, loaded with pearls, but lacking a pin:


I made this for my neice Elli's 3rd Birthday- she's a pretty big Rapunzel fan, so I used Annie Rodrigue's Rapunzel image! I used some MME paper, SU ribbon, and some Recollection pearl flourishes....
Pearls and rhinestones were added to the crown (as well as a coat of sakura glitter pen) and a rhinestone on her hair ribbon....


And I'm not normally a 'eye-colourer' of Annie's, but I really wanted this Rapunzel to look like the Disney version...that's a pretty big deal to a 3 year old;) I also added some spica clear glitter pen to her greens....

MFT dienamics on the inside....


Play along with us for your chance at winning some Kraftin' Kimmie goodness!! Check the KKS blog for more deets....

6 comments:

wendy said...

Eek fabulous card! love the purple...not a color used alot anymore...my Fav! and the pearls are a perfect touch!

Rachel G said...

SO pretty! Love all the pearls! The papers are gorgeous!

Sandy Smith said...

This is beautiful!

Amy Sheffer said...

Awesome, Jenny! I love your Rapunzel and all the pearly goodness!

Snowbird said...

Great card Jenny Lisa

Heidi Brawley said...

WOW this is BEAUTIFUL!!! amazing coloring!!
Hugs, heidi