Thursday, February 16, 2012

{KKS Release} Lulu's

Today the Kraftin' Kimmie Krafty Girls and Guests are showing the newest Lulu's by artist Cheryl Alger.....I love these cute little girlies! They are so adorable:) See what I mean?


My sewing machine was threaded with black thread and honestly, time was short today, so I went for an oldie, but goodie....Paper-piercing! I hardly ever do this technique, and I'm not sure why, cuz I do love it, and it couldn't be easier to add a little somethin-somethin to your card!


Here you can see some dimension...the umbrella is popped up on one side with dimensionals. I added 3 baby brads where her coat clasps were. Crystal Effects was applied to the umbrella, puddle and glaze pen was added to the raindrops, frogs eyes and tongue. I used dimensional pearls for her hair 'baubles' (that's right Michele, baubles! lol;). I covered the umbrella handle with silver spica pen and green spica jazzed up Froggy! I used silver on her boot buckles as well. Loads of little details on this otherwise simple card!
Little SU! blue buttons were threaded with linen thread bows and anchor the sentiment strip.


Okay- now skidaddle over to the Krafty Blog for links to the complete list of designers previewing today....and don't forget to leave some love along the way....some lucky commenter is going to win Cheryl's new Lulu set! See you tomorrow for another KKS preview and a brand new iSpy Sketch Challenge!

34 comments:

Jo Street said...

Hi, what a brilliant card, I love the paper piecing on her coat and umberella, I want one just like it!
Jo x

Cindi said...

Gorgeous card! I love her umbrella and the colors are so great!

wendy said...

OMG...whow how creative , super card...love love love what you did to the umbrella!

Nienna said...

Rhooooo love the 3d effect and the umbrella! Wowww!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO cute girlie! LOVE LOVE LOVE the umbrella and that sweet little frog!

Nathalie said...

Loooove your card! It so adorable.

Shari said...

GREAT CARD! Love the colours and all the shine! Love the paperpiecing too!!!

SophiePScrap said...

The paper piecing is so cool! Love it!

Wilfreda said...

I love this! Great paper choices.

NinaN said...

Love the paper piecing!!!!

Aaemie said...

Wow, this is so nice.

Unknown said...

Love the way you did the umbrella it is amazing
Hugs tammy

Hege said...

Wooow
georgous!!!!! Love the details!!!!

Heidi Brawley said...

Love it! really adorable!!
Hugs, Heidi

Tanya said...

Wow...I love all the detailing and embellishments you put into your card. It is just adorable. I love that fishy umbrella and the buttons on her raincoat, the pearls for her rubberband twists in her hair...and all the paper piecing. Great card!

Ladybug Linda said...

This card knocks my socks off. Alright, I don't have on socks but if I did.....

Anonymous said...

really cute.

Marilyn said...

Love the paper piecing on your adorable card!!

Hanneke said...

Your card is great! Love the image and the paper piercing and your coloring. I have a birthday candy on my blog btw! Hugs, Hanneke

April said...

Cute! Cute! Love all the extra little details!

Sharon Caudle said...

Tons of gorgeous details on this adorable card, Jenny! And your coloring is fabulous! Love it!
hugs, Sharon

Stephenie said...

Wonderful paper piecing! I love the fish! Love the shiny parts too. Looks wonderful!

jkreucher said...

WOW! I love your creativity with the fish print on the umberella and glossy accents..
Everything about your card is fantastic, love it!
hugs
Judy

Linda Carson said...

Delightful artwork! Love the pp look and the pearls in her hair are a sweet touch!

sue w. said...

What a lovely card such super bright colours.
Hugs Sue W.

Sassy Cheryl said...

Those fish on her umbrella are just WAY too fun! Love this beautiful card. Gorgeous.

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Jenny! An adorable card!!

Cathy said...

amazing card, I love how you made a design on the umbrella, that is wonderful. great colors.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love all the dimension and paper choices! Great card!

Lori Turner said...

OMGOSH Jenny, this is adorable! That umbrella is soooo cute!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

I love her umbrella hehe! Great job with the colouring...looks fab! :)

Kris said...

Love what you did with the umbrella! So cute. Beautifully done.

Jen N said...

Cute & colorful! :)
jenny dot naus at yahoo dot com

Sandy M said...

I love the paper piecing on Lulu. I can't wait to try this technique. It makes the card bright!