Saturday, January 19, 2013

{KKS162} Ryan's Card

Hi there! Today I have a really fun card to share with you! My oldest son, Ryan, is turning 9 in February. He is also in need of glasses, which he is at his wits end about! He honestly is so devasted..I gave him a home eye exam and he bawled his little eyes out when I told him it didn't go well. Break. My. Heart.
He has a professional exam booked for the end of January, as I am not a licensed optometrist, lol!
Being the Computer Nerd that he is, I thought this would be the perfect image for a card for him. Something to maybe make him feel better about his impending spectacles ;)
This weeks Kraftin' Kimmie challenge (#162) for the week is brought to us by my pal Jessie and she wants us to use 3 embellishments on our card!



Are you wondering if that is a real computer key? Why, YES, it is! My sweet, angelic little toddler was acting awfully quiet one evening for his daddy, and when my hubby went and looked for lil man, he found my laptop and PILES of keys and an adorable child playing ever so independently. On the plus side, I got a new Macbook Pro to replace my old HP!
We tried to fix it, but those tiny fingers did a lot of damage, so I rescued the keys from the trash in hopes of giving them another chance! Albeit on a card front, but at least they have a new lease on life ;)
And that smart lil fella even plucked off the number 9 key, perfect for his big brothers Birthday card! It was meant to be, I guess:)

I found that cute brad in a little scarpbook store in the middle of nowhere on a trip to Montana way back in the summer. It was literally on the side of a highway in the middle of nowhere, and hubby was feeling generous, so he even pointed it out and offered to stop!! (I later checked him for a fever, but shopped first ;)
My twine is black jute from the Ribbon Carousel.


I gave the lens' a nice coat of crystal effects....


For more information on our challenge, including Krafty Girl inspiration, check out the BLOG! There are also some great Frugal Friday specials up this weekend :)

5 comments:

Tracey said...

I just love this Jenny! Such a wonderful masculine card!!

Lisa H. said...

ohmygoodness!!! this is sooo, so adorable! love your coloring (always, do!). great card!

Danni said...

This should cheer up your little guy! My son was the opposite, he was thrilled to get glasses because he could see again! :)
Very cute card and how fun to add an actual computer key!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fabulous, as always, Jenny, and I LURVE that little keyboard piece! So happy you were able to ditch that HP for a MacBook!!!:) Welcome to the cult!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

too cool jenny! i love how you did the desk and those papers are great! :)